Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OEM JDM BD/BG GT-B/RS Limited photos!

Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

Re: OEM JDM BD/BG GT-B/RS Limited photos!

This is awesome feedback, thanks guys!

Level
    Achievements:

My Limited bumper is here!!!1! It's in beautiful shape! WOW!

Pics to come shortly!

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    O.G.Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Quote Originally Posted by hansvonaxion
    Tell me about it, just had my timing belt etc done, plus both inner CV boots... $1,800!
    Good God! I do 2.5 N/A belts and water pumps for about $1000 parts and labor! Axles are super easy to do also...

Quote Originally Posted by camroncamera

Pics to come shortly!
    Would love to see this! Post it up...

Also, about the bumper bars I do agree with the guys on this. In a head on, there will be more damage with the JDM one, but I really dont think that it will be life and death.

As for wight, I want to know what a limited bumper is off the car with all the fogs and what a USDM GT bumper is also. I think they wight about the same due to the lights.

Level
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dead91silvia

Pics to come shortly!
    Would love to see this! Post it up...
    Here are just a couple pics so that I don't clog up Dead91silvia's thread (additional pics on my Member Introduction Thread here)

It's in AMAZING condition with just a couple scuffs and one broken face on the Limited round foglights (I already have a spare pair in perfect condition). All of this was disclosed in the auction before purchase. It is also missing the Limited badge that would be found on the bumper grille mesh.
    Also, about the bumper bars I do agree with the guys on this. In a head on, there will be more damage with the JDM one, but I really dont think that it will be life and death.
    As for weight, I want to know what a limited bumper is off the car with all the fogs and what a USDM GT bumper is also. I think they wight about the same due to the lights.
    I just weighed the complete JDM Limited bumper with beam and dual fogs and it is exactly:
    33.4 lbs / 15.15 kg.
    I will try to get weights on the individual components (cover, JDM beam, foglights) and USDM bumper later.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:

I just weighed the complete JDM Limited bumper with beam and dual fogs and it is exactly:
    33.4 lbs / 15.15 kg.
    I will try to get weights on the individual components (cover, JDM beam, foglights) and USDM bumper later.
    Thanks for that, nay come in handy in future.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Quote Originally Posted by hansvonaxion
    33.4 lbs / 15.15 kg.
    Thanks for that, nay come in handy in future.
    Yeah, good stuff!

That badge shouldn't be too hard to come by. If you have to buy a grill at the same time, let me know, my buddy could use a nicer one.

I'm telling you guys, that place has good deals on big parts, and they are nice parts too!

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

I'm pretty sure I have a LIMITED badge somewhere, not sure I have the clips though. can have a look if you're interested. I took it off when I fitted the bumper to my GT-B as it's not 'really' a limited, but I don't object to anyone else fitting it
    1996 GT-B (JDM) with:
    | Viper silicone intercooler hoses | Silicone vac hoses | Cusco 21mm adj. rear ARB | polly ARB bushes & droplinks front & rear | polly front arm bushes | Poly Steering rack bushes | H&S centre-back | Goodridge braided brake lines* | Black Diamond grooved discs, standard pads | BRC LPG (Autogas) system | LTD bumper & fog lights | Nokian WR A3 winter tyres

devweb

Level
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by arumdevil
    I'm pretty sure I have a LIMITED badge somewhere, not sure I have the clips though. can have a look if you're interested. I took it off when I fitted the bumper to my GT-B as it's not 'really' a limited, but I don't object to anyone else fitting it
    Heck yeah, I'm interested! I spied some of your other GT-B items for sale on UKLegacy.com awhile back, has everything sold?

Level
    Achievements:

the shell was taken away last friday, but I still have a few bits and pieces, including the badge (ummmm, now where did I put that?!?), sideskirts, rear bumper skin, JDM front subaru badge, GT badge (no bilstein badge), I have a Limited bumper too although it's sustained some damage so needs repair and it's only the plastic part, the metal backing and brackets are on my car.
    1996 GT-B (JDM) with:
    | Viper silicone intercooler hoses | Silicone vac hoses | Cusco 21mm adj. rear ARB | polly ARB bushes & droplinks front & rear | polly front arm bushes | Poly Steering rack bushes | H&S centre-back | Goodridge braided brake lines* | Black Diamond grooved discs, standard pads | BRC LPG (Autogas) system | LTD bumper & fog lights | Nokian WR A3 winter tyres

devweb

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Quote Originally Posted by arumdevil
    the shell was taken away last friday, but I still have a few bits and pieces, including the badge (ummmm, now where did I put that?!?), sideskirts, rear bumper skin, JDM front subaru badge, GT badge (no bilstein badge), I have a Limited bumper too although it's sustained some damage so needs repair and it's only the plastic part, the metal backing and brackets are on my car.
    That sounds like some good stuff right there...

Not sure if you ever did see the car I have I started the tread for... Almost done with parts needed...
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19150

Funny thing is, the JDM "GT" badge for the BG is the same for the USDM BH.

How bad is that Limited bumper you have? Any pics? I know Matty2hotty is looking for one, or at least was...

Level
    Achievements:

no I never saw that thread, nice job. Hahah, you put it on a saloon (sedan). I'm 99.9% sure they never had a sedan version of the Limited, only the wagon, Still, looks much better with all that JDM goodness on

The bumper isn't toooo bad, ie it's repairable but needs some attention. The bottom splitter has, um, split off and there's a few bugles and splits etc. I still have the splitter so it's mainly a case of heating it up and straightening it out and then grafting the splitter back on.

This photo show's with the splitter missing:

and these show better closeups of the other damage:

1996 GT-B (JDM) with:

devweb

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Thanks and you are right, they never had them on saloon's. Oh, I'm also a vintage Volvo guy, I know the term saloon well... haha

That bumper took a good hit! not sure how much it's worth with that amount of damage though. The last 2 guys got on here were under $400 shipped with fogs... I paid too much for mine, but what ever... haha

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Lol, I was doing some googling and happened upon this thread, forgive the bump. I do find it funny chuck, saying saftey is an afterthought with the JDM bumper bars!!! Just cause the rules are different!! You insult people with stock JDM cars :P (just giving yah shit/joking )

Anyway, the woodgrain BG trim bits.... Anyone have more info on that? I'm after some BC/BF woodgrain trim bits, to restore my girlfriends BF, that came with a whole heap factory, but only a few remnants remain... Was that stuff bought new like that, or is that a woodgrain vinyl on top of factory trim? Please tell me it's the latter!!!

Level
    Achievements:

Also, Dead91silvia, just to tripple confirm, Ltd's were wagon only, so you're making something that's pretty unique!!!

Any pics you do find of sedans with Ltd bumpers, I can gurantee you, those pumpers were put on after they rolled off the factory floor!!!

Also, I'll add to the pool of knowledge. Limiteds were essentially almost identical to standard BG5C GTB's, and i'm pretty sure they got the same seat fabric etc, and same rear cupholders as normal GTB's. There's something else to note, they were C rev only, meaning, late 97 till early 98, only. GTB's have been around since the B rev, in late 1996. The different seat fabric and arm rest holders was a BG5C vs BG5B thing, and not a GTB Ltd. vs GTB thing. And it's the same case with the black woodgrain effect trim, again, BG5C, not Ltd.

Also, things such as sunroofs, the moulded mudflaps, the woodgrain momo, were all optional. My Ltd. didn't come with the woodgrain momo, because it was optioned with dual airbags, meaning it got the special dual airbag momo, which is quite different to the single airbag momo, and the dual airbag wasn't avail in woodgrain. But, beast did come with the woodgrain momo shift knob, which i flicked in favour of the red stitching leather STi knob. My Ltd. also lacks the mudflaps and sunroof (as desired, i hate sunroofs, they add weight, leaks, and potential rust spots)(but i'd love the mudflaps)

And some technical knowledge for you, the GTB Limited applied model code was "BG5C5ED", which interestingly enough is an "STi" applied model number, "5ED" was the model code for STi wagons. "4ED" for sedans. There was never an STi BG, unlike every other generation of legacy, so a Limited is essentially as close as once can get to an STi BG. Do note, they had identical engines to the standard BG5C GTB's, so they aren't up on power or anything, it's purely applied model number bragging rights, that's all. Btw, standard GTB's were "BG5C5CD"

As for interior stuff, have a look here. "Power Concent" was an option too btw, not a standard Ltd part. "Power Concent" is basically an inbuilt power inverter, offering a jap/us plug at 100v/100w, and an additional lighter socket, the inverter lives in a box under the front passenger seat.

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... 0interior/

Oh, one last thing to clear up, the little black square between the map lights has nothing to do with alarms, AFAIK, no BG came from factory with an alarm! It's keyless entry, it's the infrared receiver for the factory key fob. point key at square, click button, car is unlocked... It was also used to reset the keyless keyless entry. You could set a code with the door handles, like, 2, 4, 1, 3, for example. Lift handle 2 times, pause and wait for beep, 4 times, pause-beep, 1 time, pause-beep, 3 times, pause-beeeeeeeeep, the car unlocks. You needed the infrared key to set your personal code, it's on my shopping list of things to get!!! (i received my GTB with only the spare key)(a new key from subaru is like $300, but I WILL get one!!!).

Level
    Achievements:

And some pics for yah.

(these first two are from 4-5 years ago, when beast was only a 9 year old!)

Single vs dual airbag momo's for 96-98 (including impreza - N/A impreza's for the single, WRX's and STi's got the dual - version 4 only!)

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialO.G.Recommendation Second ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award

There were four (eight if you double the amount for A/T) options with the GT-B ltd.
    1) Sunroof
    2) Dual airbag
    3) Premium audio
    4) Nothing extra
    5) All of them came with ABS and the "winter package"
    Current lineup(click on links):
    His: '05 Impreza STi / '91 Suzuki Cappuccino / '15 Honda NM4
    Hers: '04 Forester XT / '02 S401

Past lineup:
    His: '95 Legacy Brighton / '93 Suzuki Cappuccino / '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Hers: '97 Legacy GT-B Ltd / '05 Mercedes E500 4matic / '02 H6 VDC Sedan

Level
    Achievements:

what was the winter package?
    1996 GT-B (JDM) with:

devweb

Level
    Achievements:

Heater strips under the wipers for melting frost and heated wing mirrors.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Good stuff! This is what i'm talking about! This thread is for all the details.

Any more pics of these other wheels and the keys? I was wondring if they had a cool JDM key. They did some cool stuff with Nissan keys.

Also, what are all the color's they had?

Info on all the other models is also welcome. such as...
    -Grand Wagon
    -RS
    -TSR
    ect....

Level
    Achievements:

You may be interested in this 91sivl....

http://a15ff11300g.sakura.ne.jp/catalog ... wagon.html

Note the brochures seem to indicate the GTB and GT did indeed get the older darker seat trim, and the LTD the newer lighter one, but in reality, MOST of the BG5C standard GTB's have had the same light trim as my Ltd.

Level
    Achievements:

Oh, and standard stuff that was available on pretty much all GT's, GTB's, TS-R's, 250T's etc.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Damn it, I hate side scrolling... LOL

Call me crazy... I'm have been in love with that Twinky Yellow for a long time! hahaha

Level
    Achievements:

USDM Sedan and Wagon

JDM Wagon
    So Dead... how easy do you suppose it would be to make an add-on bit for a USDM GT rear wagon bumper lip to give it a JDM GT-B rear bumper look? The JDM GT-B bumper lip has a bit of a protrusion at the rear to give it a sportier look, but the lip and bumper itself are molded as one piece together, making it impossible to simply replace only the lip on a USDM bumper... one must replace the entire USDM rear bumper with a JDM GT-B bumper.

What about a replacement reproduction JDM-look lip or "adapter" that fits over the USDM GT wagon bumper lip? Bonded on with 3M tape, etc.? Could something like this be easily made? Suppose an aftermarket part for sale could be easily manufactured? Seems silly to replace the whole bumper when it's only the rear of the lip that looks any different between the USDM and JDM models.

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialO.G.Recommendation Second ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Community Award

So Dead... how easy do you suppose it would be to make an add-on bit for a USDM GT rear wagon bumper lip to give it a JDM GT-B rear bumper look? The JDM GT-B bumper lip has a bit of a protrusion at the rear to give it a sportier look, but the lip and bumper itself are molded as one piece together, making it impossible to simply replace only the lip on a USDM bumper... one must replace the entire USDM rear bumper with a JDM GT-B bumper.

What about a replacement reproduction JDM-look lip or "adapter" that fits over the USDM GT wagon bumper lip? Bonded on with 3M tape, etc.? Could something like this be easily made? Suppose an aftermarket part for sale could be easily manufactured? Seems silly to replace the whole bumper when it's only the rear of the lip that looks any different between the USDM and JDM models.
    You could find a lip like the one I put on a Brighton (same as US bumper) here: viewtopic.php?p=232497#p232497
    Current lineup(click on links):
    His: '05 Impreza STi / '91 Suzuki Cappuccino / '15 Honda NM4
    Hers: '04 Forester XT / '02 S401

Past lineup:
    His: '95 Legacy Brighton / '93 Suzuki Cappuccino / '08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    Hers: '97 Legacy GT-B Ltd / '05 Mercedes E500 4matic / '02 H6 VDC Sedan

Level
    Achievements:

I have a spare JDM bumper, BUT: 1) it's got a small cutout where the tow-hitch passed through, and 2) it's silver, 3) it's probably going to be expensive to ship to the US from UK...
    1996 GT-B (JDM) with:

devweb

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

ags18 found one from a guy in CA for like $100 shipped, I think.

I also have his car at my shop and I'm sure I can get Red85celica to bring his BK over to compare the difference.

I have looked at the JDM and USDM for BD's and I cant justify getting a JDM one, they are the same. or at least look the same.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Did some good digging around today and founds some goodies!

My main goal was looking for Parking/Bumper Pole info and locations so I can use it on my wagon. Here is some of the good stuff I found! Too many B4's to post...in g-damn Japan they are selling for $1-$2K (for BG's) and $3-5K (for BH's..even B4's). I'm going to abuse the living S#!t out of the 25 year rule here in the US...it hurts to have to wait. :/

BG STUFF:

*1 piece headlights but, pretty much the same as the 95-97 USDM ones
    *Parking/Bumper Pole
    *Black "L7" Logo Mesh Grill

Soo much win back here!
    *Red and Clear Tails
    *3rd Brake Light in Trunk Lid
    *Rear Window with Wiper! (Dead91Silvia...sorry to frustrate you even more! I know you are trying not to think about this mod cause it is so fragile and hard to come by.)

1999 RHD Legacy Wagon
    1993 RHD Legacy Wagon
    2002 Legacy GT Wagon

"We have become part of something much more complicated than you will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just cars...We build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our cars fast and hold our heads high because we have a unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to "The Norm". Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our cars, yet shake our hands when we are done."

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Pictures are clearly describe that how beautifully they use to capture these pictures. No one car is particularly design for an executive look which I can reveal. Anyway these have their own display and seeming nice.
    Actually I am looking for luxury car.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben
    ...Any pics you do find of sedans with Ltd bumpers, I can gurantee you, those pumpers were put on after they rolled off the factory floor!!!
    Although they never made a Limited version of the BD5 RS, the BD5C was offered with the additional Limited-style fog lights as a factory fitted optional extra, and cars with this option had the same front bumper as the Limited. The only difference was the "Limited" badge was not fitted to the black mesh grille in the bottom corner.

My friend Tom has one of these cars and having looked closely it is clear it was fitted at the factory as the wiring for the additional fog lights is part of main loom and runs through the main fuse box.

OK, the wheels, brakes and yellow tint of the fogs are not standard, but the rest is how it came!
    1996 Subaru Legacy GT-B in Silver || 5-speed DCCD Gearbox (TY754VB1EA) || R160 Helical Limited-Slip Front Differential || DCCDPro Universal Controller || ARP Head Stud Set || BC Racing BR Series Fully Adjustable Coilovers || Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel || Exedy Organic Clutch || VF25/VF27 Turbos || D2 8-pot Brakes with 330mm Discs || Walbro 255 Fuel Pump || 12mm Modified Oil Pump || Cometic Multilayer Steel Head Gaskets || Whiteline Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, Front and Rear || Whiteline Droplinks, Front and Rear || Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit || STi Carbon Fibre Strut Brace || ESL Upgraded ECU || RFRB Front Grille || RFRB Rear Spoiler || Subaru 3-Port Boost Solenoid || Fully Refurbished Solenoid Box and 3.5mm Vacuum System || 18? OZ Ultraleggera Wheels || H&S Stainless Steel Up-pipes || H&S Stainless Steel De-cat Centre Section || H&S Stainless Steel Backbox

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Now thats interesting...

I dont think I ever posted a pic of my BD as she ended up after I started this thread....

This is my USDM 98 BD 2.5GT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast