Thread: Mass Effect 3 - oh heck, anything ME related

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive

Mass Effect 3 - oh heck, anything ME related

So, I think this might be the first game I've actually been excited about for a long time!
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/

ME3 is coming out in March, but there's some pretty sweet stuff going on right now too:

Preorder the game and you get bonus items - armor, weapons - depending on who you preorder from
    http://masseffect.bioware.com/me3/game/

Download the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning (must be an Xbox Gold member) and you get new armor, and a new gun if you play the demo all the way through.
    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25602/Unl ... alur-Demo/

Kinect functionality!
    Now you can yell "Shotgun!" and your character switches to the shottie. You can even tell your teammates what biotic powers to use by saying their name and the power you want them to use.
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 04 LL Bean H6 Wagon - TANK
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired
    USDM 07 Honda Odyssey - Mrs Huffer;
    Live Like No One Else - Debt Free

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Re: Mass Effect 3 - oh heck, anything ME related

I'm going to guess you've finished the other two! I played 2 but got bored with the side missions and never went onto part 2 of the game. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Is part 2 quick or is there a lot going on there? My favorite part of the game was scanning planets for resources, haha. More of a 1st person shooter player.

Level
    Achievements:

Yeah, I played ME1 and ME2. Haven't done any of the DLC packs yet but the "2nd" half of ME2 is quick if you just concentrate on the main missions. I didn't bother with mining every planet, even if you scan each one it counts as being explored. If you only mine the planets that have anomalies, then you'll have enough minerals to do everything.

I just finished playing the Amalur demo, so now I have my Knight armor and new grenade launcher for ME3 when it hits in a couple of months. Trying to decide if it's worth buying the preorder version and getting the two shot sniper rifle. I'm more of a long range player.
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired

Level
    Achievements:

Just finished playing the single player demo. Even on Normal difficulty, the enemies are way tougher and are actually reasonably smart. The new movement control system is a good improvement though, but I need to get used to using the Kinect to issue squad commands. Most of my firefights are over in seconds so coming up with strategies for flanking and multiple biotic usage is tough - using the Powerwheel is much easier.

I did go ahead and preorder the standard edition, from Gamestop, so I will have the N7 armor, Argus Assault Rifle and the new sniper rifle. I am thinking of changing up my character class to Adept or Vanguard, though I really like Sentinel. The new character upgrade paths are interesting too, it's deeper this time around.

I also downloaded the Kasumi DLC and Shadow Broker DLC packs for ME2 - and then nearly promptly lost my perfect record on ME2 for "no one left behind". I had full loyalty of the squad, but Tali still died when I left her to hold the line (I took Grunt and Thane to the last mission). I reloaded, and took Mordin and Tali, and everyone survived. In reading online walkthroughs, a lot of people suggested sending Tali or Mordin back with the Normandy Survivors - I'd sent Zaeed.

I still think they need an ME4.
    - Roger - Site Admin

Level
    Achievements:

Full length cinematic trailer for ME3. I have NEVER been this excited for a videogame before... but then, I've never invested more than 100hours in the previous two chapters of games either...

Have been playing multiplayer team co-op on the ME3 demo (Xbox Live) the past week, since 14 Feb. It is awesome. 4 man firesquads with varying objectives and waves of enemies. AWESOME!
    - Roger - Site Admin

Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

I can't wait as well. I tried to fire up the first one (pc) but just like when I first got it - blackscreen in game with all sounds. Sigh. I hate buying games you have to crack for them to run properly.
    NOOB
    Giggity
    Quote Originally Posted by ericem
    oh boy, thats bad for canada!
    -92 SS 5mt. Will be for sale once I rebuild the engine.
    -00 RSTI. Full Version 8 swap.
    -03 H6 5mt swapped baja. Front torsen, DCCD, rear Torq Locker, dual range.

Level
    Achievements:

I used to be a big PC gamer. I used to "love" the whole day-long process of buying a game, installing it, having it crash and then spending hours upon hours tweaking things to make them work. I did learn a heck of a lot about PCs though. But I got frustrated and when the PSOne came along, it was lights out. Front Mission 3, FFVIII, etc all just pop in a disc and play. I never looked back and now will probably never game on a PC again. I do appreciate PC gamers who mod the crap out of games though, like Skyrim, Deus Ex, Quake etc.
    - Roger - Site Admin

Level
    Achievements:

I hear you. it's nice to pop in a game and it "just works." I put a hard drive in my fatty ps2 and modded it so I could play all my games without the discs. I just prefer a mouse/ketboard to play games like ME and the fallout series. Racing games work just as good on either setup since I have a wheel and pedals, and graphics aren't a concern at that point.
    NOOB
    Giggity

Level
    Achievements:

I did the same thing with my original Xbox. Have been thinking about it with the new Xbox 360S but my game collection is pretty small, and honestly once I've beaten it I usually trade it back in. I rarely buy games brand new - ME3 being the exception.
    - Roger - Site Admin

Level
    Achievements:

Beat the game - pretty cool ending to the trilogy. I decided to destroy everything and I had enough points to stay alive at the end.... Now time to start over with ME1 and play all the way through, importing my saves (something I didn't do with ME3)
    NOOB
    Giggity