SLi Supporter
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.Recommendation Second ClassSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

TES V - Skyrim ! dovahkiin

Yup thats right. Bethesda latest edition to the Elder Scroll franchise..

------> SKYRIM

This "IS" the best game I have every played in my life! I use to play RTS/RPG/Turn Based RPG/FPS..

Nothing and I mean nothing comes close to Skyrim!! W.o.W has nothing on this!

Skyrim had been released in Nov 2011 and took best game of the year and most likely will be the best game of 2012.

Why is Skyrim so special?

If you have a PS3/Xbox then it really isn't special.. just another somewhat linear type of Dungeons and Dragons type of role playing game.

But wait I have PC you say... well then.. Modifications, custom creating, endless story additon and CHEATING!!

Just like Halflife on PC, Skyrim has a "console" where the user can press the " ~ " key and type command till their fingers bleed!

Why would I want to mod or cheat?

Simple.. Games made these days are fun for maybe 100 hours of game play. After that its off to sell/trade/toss them and find a new replacement.

On PC with modding and console commands the game turns into a 100+ hour game into a 10,000+ hour game.

My post can be endless when comparing features and mods but to sum this up.

When you play a game out of the box its considered "Vanillia" as in untouched from the programmers!

When modding you have unlimited choices to change:
    - scenery, lighting, sun, moon, lens flare
    - sky, clouds, constellations
    - characters, NPC, gender, race
    - weapons, armour, items, scrolls, magic, skills
    - edit story lines, create additional story lines.

The latest release of "The Creation Kit" allows any one to create epic story lines and pretty much anything that the game can render.

For people who have played the previous games you will be happy to know that since the creation kit has been released, the crew at skyrimnexus has been developing pre-loaded world so no more load screens. On top of that they are now working on creating the rest of the Elder Scroll world. No more wondering 100+ km of Skyrim... time to hit up the province of Oblivion if one feels like it.

I cant keep typing I am so excited.. I wait until the late hours of the night to play a few hours of this epic game.. its a life sucker.. anti-girlfriend, everything you do not want to become game!

Just watch these

And breath!

-Chuck

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience Points

TES V - Skyrim ! dovahkiin

I've been playing this game for 2 months straight now, it is addicting as hell! I'm just now figuring some things out, and I installed my first mods last night. I will easily be playing this game for the next year, or until whenever the next GTA game comes out haha.
    1998 Legacy 2.5GT: Stock to turbo to stock, and given to my Dad, then to my sister that blew it up. Now I've repo'd it and it will once again rise to former glory!

SLi Supporter
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Re: TES V - Skyrim ! dovahkiin

I couldn't of said it better myself!

Besides the mods part...

The story is so epic and I love the fps/third person and the scripted / programmed cut scenes. I never like Final Fantasy games that spent more time in there FMV's then gameplay.

I have 50 mods installed and the list keeps growing. My current limitation is my pc... I wish skyrim was a good enough reason to upgrade but the rendering power needed for this game is unreal!

-Chuck

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience Points

really? maybe my PC is better than I know (friend built it and gave it to me so i could play mindcraft with him) and I've been playing it with the new High Res patch on the highest settings. I have NO IDEA what parts it has in it haha. It is an awesome looking game, i should be playing it right now haha.
    1998 Legacy 2.5GT: Stock to turbo to stock, and given to my Dad, then to my sister that blew it up. Now I've repo'd it and it will once again rise to former glory!

SLi Supporter
    Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

My current specs are as follows:

Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.0GHz
    4gb DDR2 6400
    500GB 7200 RPM
    ATi Radeon 3650 512mb

Skyrim detects "very high" settings @ 1280x720

Antialiasing = Off
    Anisotropics Filtering = 16 samples
    Distances set to high

with those settings my game ran decent but could not render:
    - fog, smoke, water murkeyness
    - no distance fire/ice/lighting

The game looked 6/10... but I played it for a month.

Then the ENB drivers got released.. basicly a hacked method to change how directx or direct3d renders skyrim.

My game turned into 8/10 with some choppyness and longer load times. I also had every render effect on.. smoke, fog, distance fire! spider webs.. murkey water.. facial textures!! oh the visual madness!!

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7691

I recommend trying this.. its as simple as dropping a few files in the TESV directory and then reconfig ur video settings. 2 minutes and its done!

I am off to find a 3.0GHz Quad Core cpu and 8gb ram upgrade... thats as far as I am willing to upgrade for skyrim.. ATi is the bottle neck.. nVidia users now have a graphics patch that makes the game look like a 9/10 and have excellent performance.

Grayguy please try the toxic enb drivers.. You wont be disappointed.. be warned.. turn the brightness down.. if you have issue with dungeons let me know.

Fus-Ro-Dah!