Thread: The inaccurately named "Blighter", Regular car reviews, WRX seats, and front lip 27/04/19

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

The inaccurately named "Blighter", Regular car reviews, WRX seats, and front lip 27/04/19

So, about 7 months ago, I saw something of interest on the interwebs. A BC legacy for $500.

Upon further inspection, it was in bloody nice condition, though a bit run down, but otherwise quite good. And less than 99,000miles on the clock I might add.

So, well... I bought it!

I have since found some cool things about the TI Type-S. They got quite a few little feautres borrowed from the GT's, like power folding mirrors, the auto HVAC/aircon controls (complete with flip down control panel), got the rear spoiler, central locking, and almost completely blacked out, black handles, no chrome strips along the doors, none in the rear light garnish either. Only chrome on it was the strip around the bump strips.

Here's some brochure material.

Got a PM from DacerX last night regrding a lovely looking BF N/A down here in QT he wanted to have a look at, but we found it was sold already. That got me browsing trade me last night... And i found this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =372003835

Sent the guy a txt, it was still avail, so i organised a viewing time at around 4pm today. Went over after my flight, had a look, she seems fine, no bad rust anywhere, just those wof items. I offered him $500 cash, as is, where is, and it was a deal

She's mint, the clear coat is in better condition than the GTB, the shocks are fine, the engine is perfect, the auto is fine, the wheels need swapping, and i might have a rear wheel bearing fucked, but other than that, and the wof items, she's actually in damn nice condition!

Going to be a nice fix'n'flick, or i might even keep it for a runabout, so i stop treating beastie as a shopping trolly!

And i'm just going to post my shopping list here for easy reference

Interior:
    Front Seatbelts and buckles

Exterior:
    Passenger door lock

Drivetrain:
    Front half shaft

And the mod list, getting ever longer! Half of the work done has been resto stuff!!

Suspension and braking:
    GDA Red 4-pot front brakes (Have 2-pot rears, just waiting on hubs to fit them)
    TRW XSS slotted rotors front (Have rears also, again waiting to fit)
    BG GTB bilsteins all round, donated from beast.
    BG GTB rear sway bar and 'solid' rear lateral arm conversion. Donated from beast.
    Rear subframe locking bolts
    Rear alloy sway bar links
    GTB 19mm sway bars
    Front turbo subframe to fit the 250T style exhaust, to allow a K-brace to be fitted
    Cusco K-brace
    STi Alloy Arms with balljoin style sway bar links.
    Cusco rear strut brace

Engine:
    Converted to EJ25D, HLA from a BG9A
    Converted to Manual, 5spd N/A VZ-R BF5C
    STi EJ20K Intake manifold and large bore throttle
    250T BG9A Intake pipe
    BF5B Turbo headers + 250T Up and down pipes.
    BF5B GT Turbo engine loom
    Possum link G1 ECU

Cosmetic
    Full face lift GT black leather interior.
    Ver. 4 STi front seats
    GT momo steering wheel.
    GT front bumper
    GT shagpile floor mat set
    GT fine thread carpet

Wheels:
    Temporary (to clear 4-pots) Ver. 8 STi BBS 17x7.5 wheels in gold. Some random shitty neutron 215/45R17's
    Usual summer: BG GTB optional 17x7 BBS mesh wheels with 225/45R17 Potenza RE003's
    Usual winter: BP 2.0R stock 16x6.5 winter wheels, with Blizzak MZ-01 snow tyres.

As she sits now:

IMG_4625 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

IMG_3907 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr

IMG_3894 by Reuben Horsley, on Flickr
    Last edited by Reuben; 04-26-2019 at 08:07 AM.