Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Re: AssYriaNrocKer's 98 GT build

Quote Originally Posted by chrish8r
    Sweet. I want to see you get this back on the road

--THIS WEEKEND--

Brand new; Pulley's, Tensioner, timing belt, water pump, thermostat, timing cover and timing cover seals. Installation went great. Motor is running nice and smooth

Removed; radiator, condenser, belts, crank shaft pulley, and timing cover. After removing the Aluminum crank shaft pulley we decided it was to scarred from the Accident (04 STI) to use and ended up throwing the original back on....LAME...but better safe then sorry.

Timing kit installed...ready to be put back together and running right!!

After the install we noticed the motor overheating when left at idle. Switched to a 1.3bar radiator cap and has been running perfect since. Ive been told these motors tend to run fairly hot...and being in AZ I would like to avoid a head gasket failure! I will be ordering a Grim speed thermostat to keep temps a bit lower for insurance. Finally got to drive her home from the garage using a 3-day temporary plate. Now that shes home I can tackle the little things that are BUGGIN!

--TODAY--

FIRST ON THE LIST was the passenger side window motor! Since I bought the car it has not rolled down...one day of driving with 3 windows down in AZ heat with no ac was enough. I had snatched the window motor at the junkyard a while back and was ready to do the install A.S.A.P. When I removed the door panel (successfully with no broken clips) I noticed the window harness was unplugged good sign! Plugged it in and what do ya know....

Soooo...got an extra working passenger side window motor if anyone needs??lol

Next was the ac buttons. Someone (before purchase) spilled soda all over the buttons and their all sticky and hard to push. :smt012

You can see some of the soda around the edges. I wiped down everything You see and also used Die-electric grease on every harness.

I used rubbing alcohol and Q-tips to get rid of the sugar but stopped when I noticed it was a little harsh on the dashboard materials. Used wd40 instead and it seemed to work, just not as good. I couldn't really get between the buttons very well but it's definitely smoother. I'm hoping over time it will go away...if not then cleaning phase 2 begins :smt071 I noticed a lot of dust built up in the vents to. Took that apart and cleaned it as well.

All clean and put back together. I am still on the look out for the right cup holder...I found that one at the Junkyard but its not only the wrong color but also does not fit properly....but it works for now...

After that came the "DOOR" feature on the dome light that was not working. Removed the little switch in the door jam, gave them both a good wd40 cleaning along with some die-electric grease and boom working again!

With the first three small objectives being a success there just had to be something to ruin the winning streak! The dang moon/sun roof! Stupid thing wont get passed what you see in the photo. I cleaned the rails and lubed the little gears...pushed, pulled, tugged ...nothing. Didn't spend much time on it this time so any tips or ideas for round 2?? At least it doesn't leak and still has a working motor.

It's the driver's side that keeps getting stuck.

With 3 out of 4 minor projects done KT got to get acquainted with her new car and move it from the driveway to the street.lol

I think they make a great pair and reflect the owners well.

-RONI-

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 12-16-2022 at 08:33 AM.