Quote Originally Posted by chuckthefuk
EJ22D !!!! You are amazing!

Once you are done compiling and fortifying info I would like to format the page and create a sticky. I would also like to compile a turbo ej hybrid thread. Maybe you will have some time in the next few weeks/months to help me out.

-Chuck
Thanks! There is more info than what I have in my notes about the EJ hybrids but what I just posted is pretty much what I have been able to collect from my notes & from other builds. I'll do what I can this coming week. Phase 1 USDM stuff doesn't have much to be tossed around. We only have 3 types of EJ25Ds & 3 types of EJ22s as opposed to about 20+ other EJs that exist in other countries, so I don't know too much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by couchfuzzy
Id like some more info on the 25 heads on the 22t specifically, I've read that the whole obd1 to obd2 is going to need a standalone em, but what us the deal with the wiring harness? And what kind of gains are to be had?
It isn't hard to convert a 22T block to run on OBD2.
If you're putting 97-99 25D heads on the 22T, you must keep your wiring so this will mean keeping the 25D knock sensor (since knock sensors for DOHC & SOHC are different) & retaining the 25D wiring harness.
Cam & crank sensors are all the same & so are the crank gears.
All you have to do is swap over all of your 25D stuff to the 22T & it will run, without throwing a check engine light if you do everything correctly.
Keep the 22T water pump but get an 11mm oil pump to ensure that the heads & crank get oil at all times.
Also, get a piggyback ECU, more aggressive fuel injectors, & better fuel pump to compensate for the extra air pressure from the turbo.