Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Dead's 96 JDM GT-B SOLD! =(

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    The 20K conversion does not require a patch harness for the GTB at least, The STi ECU literally plugs right in (bar the wasted spark wiring), so do mentioned that... Phase two requires much modification. But you're right, can tune it. But then why wouldn't you get a ver. 3/4 daughter board, and get even easier tunability than a phase-11 ECU, if tuning is a thing he wants to do?

I can see the attraction to phase-II though, obd-II is beneficial there for passing emissions right? Not something we do down here...

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ha, that research was from you anyway... On Dirty Ol' BC. Didn't make that connection until now.

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    O.G.Tagger Second ClassSocialOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    The 20K conversion does not require a patch harness for the GTB at least, The STi ECU literally plugs right in (bar the wasted spark wiring), so do mentioned that... Phase two requires much modification. But you're right, can tune it. But then why wouldn't you get a ver. 3/4 daughter board, and get even easier tunability than a phase-11 ECU, if tuning is a thing he wants to do?

I can see the attraction to phase-II though, obd-II is beneficial there for passing emissions right? Not something we do down here...
    You always wanted it to be a single... Just wish it was me doing it. :P

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post

No, you read me wrong. @Reuben The patch harness is in my USDM legacy so I can run a 20k ecu on my build, not the GT-B. Trevor plans to do phase II on the GT-B because of parts availability, aftermarket support and tunability. I have a chipped z4 ecu that I will be learning to tune on but it is incredibly hard to find someone in the states who will tune phase I and he doesn't want to risk damage to the build that he plans to do right the first time.

Modification is not something that we are scared of, haha.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728