Thread: hey guys im new the the subaru world have one question

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

hey guys im new the the subaru world have one question

ok i just got an 02 subaru legacy wagon l im wanting to go turbo but i keep reading all the post about goint turbo, and sense all my friends n i are honda guys lol i wanted something diff, but i cant just go up to one of my friends and ask them questions lol, but ok i was thinking about going turbo on my subi wish the motor that i got right now is the ej251 sohc an im thinking of getting ej222 wish i think is the 2.0 heads from the wrx and then goint turbo if any input, thanks ahead

Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

Re: hey guys im new the the subaru world have one question

"but ok i was thinking about going turbo on my subi wish the motor that i got right now is the ej251 sohc an im thinking of getting ej222 wish i think is the 2.0 heads from the wrx and then goint turbo if any input, thanks ahead"

I honestly cannot understand what you are asking at all. Can you please rephrase and retype your question in a way that someone can understand?

Are you in a different country and trying to translate?
    Harry Maneuvers
    SOLD - 1984 Brat Turbo E81
    SOLD - 1989 XT6
    SOLD - 1991 Legacy SS
    SOLD - 1999 Legacy Sedan 30th Anniversary EJ251/EJ22 High Comp Frankenmotor http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15427
    SOLD - 2004 WRX Wagon Widebody - The Braggin Wagon http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15237
    2006 Forester XT - Mrs. Fancy http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15753
    2016 Outback 3.6R Limited

New User
    Level
    Achievements:

my bad i got carry away i want to go turbo on my car and the motor that i got in it right now is ej251 im doin the heads right now but i wanted to know if i can put the wrx heads wich they r 2.0 on the ej251

Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

Smaller heads (smaller than 2.5L heads) on a 2.5L motor will result in High compression which is not desirable for turbo applications.

I would suggest searching google like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sl-i.ne ... 44&bih=668

From what I have read, you are going to need a heck of a lot more parts than just the turbo...

I am sure someone else a little more knowledgeable will chime in. If you want to be somewhat different you can look at supercharging like a few other members on here have done.
    Harry Maneuvers
    SOLD - 1984 Brat Turbo E81
    SOLD - 1989 XT6
    SOLD - 1991 Legacy SS
    SOLD - 1999 Legacy Sedan 30th Anniversary EJ251/EJ22 High Comp Frankenmotor http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15427
    SOLD - 2004 WRX Wagon Widebody - The Braggin Wagon http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15237
    2006 Forester XT - Mrs. Fancy http://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.php?15753
    2016 Outback 3.6R Limited

New User
    Level
    Achievements:

thanks yea i know im going to need more parts the bottom subframe and the header up pipe down pipe umm injectores computer and im doing front mount not top mount but i just want to built a good motor cuz any one can go and buy a motor i just want to build just like the hondas u can make a poor mans type r or u can put k20 and k24 parts together but i want to learn a lil more with the subarus so i can go the right way with the turbo u know and thanks

SLi Supporter
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.Recommendation Second ClassSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

You can never compare a B-Series or K-Series motor to any EJ-Series motor.

That's comparing Apples to Jagermeister..

I love seeing custom turbo setups but your barking up the wrong tree.

Even after you source parts and fittings and odds and ends.. You will be dealing with a short block that has no reinforcement to handle boost. Sure you can run 4 - 8 psi but whats the point in spending dollar after dollar for something that will let go at any unknown point.

Bring the compression down then tuning with various standalone systems or piggy back a/f controllers is sketchy stuff if you are unaware.

Buying a complete swap or at least a WRX EJ205 engine + wiring harness + ecu + turbo subframe will save you months of headaches.

Starting with a good platform that can handle boost and a computer system that allows for EEPROM flashing is worth more then any piggyback system can give you.

Your embarking on a long journey that you may not be ready for.

Although Subarus are LEGO and are constantly being preached and compared to Honda.. They simply are not as easy to .. errrrr.. no wait. they just are not cost effective as a Honda.

-Chuck

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Chucks right, your engine is shite for boosting (porcelain pistons, too high comp. ratio, etc)
    Buy a wrecked Wrx, swap the front; OR source a ej222 block have it refreshed, and then you can start planning your build. The heads you have flow okay, but Wrx heads are FAR superior.

Also, Chuck, the Wrx subframe is wider and requires control arms, steering rack, and a few other bits. I'm not sure a turbo legacy xmember would be a direct bolt on either, though.
    I've been to boost and back again my friends... and it was good