to put it blatantly, i have no idea what i am even looking for when it comes to audio. i know what a speaker is and i know the idea of how it works and i also know the idea of wiring and some what how power works. my problem is i have no idea what all the measurements are and what they mean...

i have always wanted to put a new, modest yet spirited, setup. i have the car to do it and almost the money just not the know how. i know that i want to have all ranges of sound including tweeter, mids, and sub. i do not want a huge box in my trunk. it would be preferred to replace the door speakers only, but mounted tweeters or small sub would work eventually. i have had battery issues recently until i replaced the battery. my friends have warned about too much power for the current battery and to make sure that i have a capacitor for my power output from the battery. i would like to do it all myself and not have a rumble of parts shaking everywhere or wires sticking out everywhere. i also do not like the idea of wiring directly to the battery, not even sure if that is accurate. i would prefer to have everything wired through the current cables and look like stock. also not sure if possible. i do not know what amp or speaker size, watt, ohm, voltage or whatever i would need. i have heard of a combo speaker that provides adequate bass and mid range sound. also the other way around with tweeter and mid.

i am pretty handy just don't know what to put in. does anyone have any place to start? i tried reading all the posts i could handle on this site but could understand the lingo used and confused myself even more.