Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navi271's 05 GT Ltd. Sedan - Updated 6/18/16

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Don't ignore mechanical too long. It only makes the rebuild process more intimate and lengthy. I was a tard and I'm dragging my feet on pulling the cams for the heads. I suspect the cams may have gouged the heads from all the stuff suspended in the oil for months of driving.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Hey everyone, I figured I should update this. This car has been running pretty well, and I think a lot of the issues have been ironed out.

1. - Since my last big post I've had my car in for a new Steering Control Valve, or a.k.a. a Steering Gear. There was a lot of ATF leaking from it, and I thought I might have to replace the whole steering rack, but thankfully I didn't need to.
    2. - I had the car in for an alignment later on, and the mechanic noticed a small bubble in the front passenger side tire, then I found another small bubble in the rear passenger tire... I know exactly what pothole I hit that damaged them. It sucked because those tires weren't very old, but they also weren't very new either. They were no longer available to buy new, so I went for a new set of 4 tires. Continental PureContact 225/45/17. They seem to handle well so far.
    3. - One of the JDM tail light bulbs went out as well. A simple stop at a local car parts store remedied that.
    4. - After clearing up the power steering leak, it revealed a separate leak coming from the passenger axle where it connects to the transmission. Diff oil was leaking out and splashing back on the bottom of the downpipe making a horrendous stench! There's an axle oil seal there that decided not to hold anymore. After that was fixed I don't have any more puddles of whatnot on the floor!

I've added a couple new fun things to the car as well.
    I bought JDM Kakimoto Hyperfullmega N1 Mufflers off of the legacygt forums. They have a very subdued tone that is not very noticeable in the car, but has a little rumble outside. It was perfect for me.
    It came in some sweet JDM plastic wrap.

I installed them the next day. 3 out of the 4 bolts were frozen or stripped, so there was a lot of cutting. The JDM mufflers look like they'd be loud, but have internal silencers that are hard to see without direct light shining inside them. The welds on these mufflers are amazing!

I also got an idea recently to put the stock emblem on my mesh grill. I J-B welded a small bolt to the back of the emblem and used some 3M double sided tape to secure it to the grill mesh.

Even though it's been raining a lot recently, and my car is not clean (silver hides it though!), here are some updated images of the car. I think I'm going to get a better camera someday. The current one I use is showing its age with the quality.

^Even the deputy doesn't mind the sound from the mufflers!

Last edited by Navi271; 06-05-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd. Brilliant Silver - 148k
    1995 Subaru Legacy L Green Winter Metallic - Plastidipped Camo Green - 189k - SOLD

Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Moving parts from the wagon to the sedan today.

I got a job out in Rapid City SD that will start somewhere around August 1st. I may be selling the wagon.
    I'm trying to find a decent place with a garage that's not stupidly expensive. If anyone has any info for renting in the Rapid City area please let me know.

Anyway, I thought I'd share what I swapped over. I started with the Function7 Pitch Mount.
    Comparison with the stock 05 LGT Pitch Mount.

And this! Pictured in the sedan.

On the back of the SLi dead pedal...
    This kinda made my day for some reason. Shout out to SMK_Fabrication! I can't believe I've already had this for 3 years!

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd. Brilliant Silver - 148k
    1995 Subaru Legacy L Green Winter Metallic - Plastidipped Camo Green - 189k - SOLD

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I'll be very sorry to see your wagon go. Yours was the first MR1 I read cover to cover on SL-i. Good luck with the move!
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

"You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123