Thread: Legacy Wagon Build

Legacy Wagon Build

Hello all I am in the process of building up my 1995 Legacy wagon and am looking to buy a EJ20T and rebuild it myself to get 300 WHP out of it and am putting a 6 speed STI Trans in it and wondering if the WRX driveline, diff and axles would match up and be perfect to handle the 6 speed and the power.

SLi Supporter
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.Recommendation Second ClassSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Re: Legacy Wagon Build

Welcome to SLi.

This information has been discussed several times and you should use the search.. blah blah blah..

Whatever :-D here is the info your looking for.

Sti 6MT have a 3.9FD up front. depending on the year it will have a 1:1 center diff (USDM 04/05) or a 1.1:1 center diff (USDM 06+) what this means is the 1:1 will carry a FD of 3.90 in their rear end and the 1.1:1 will have a 3.54..

So with that info the WRX rear ends from 02-05 used 3.54 and 06-07 use 3.70.. So on a budget you can use a 06+ 6MT with a 02-05 rear end and you would require this driveshaft: 4EAT (auto) Legacy 95-04 .

Everything is direct bolt up at that point..

Now if you want the STi R180 rear end you will need to make hybrid axles or do it the right way and swap out for the larger spindle/hubs/brembos/rotors/pads/axles,,,

Please spend sometime looking on SLi and enjoy the community. Having someone like me answering your questions is rare..

I have the same info spread all over the board so use that.

- Chuck