I really wasn't searching for another vehicle but this one just kind of happened. Its a 1989 gl-10 turbo, 207k on the clock, super clean for its age. Automatic, awd, power everything.

How I obtained this car...well my buddy messaged me on Facebook and asked if I was interested in a free Subaru wagon and if so give him a call. So I call him up and he says well its an '89 (immediately I was thinking, no.) and its turbo. Its been sitting for about 5 years and it looks straight, interior is decent. Gave me a run down on some issues it supposedly had. Come to find out the car is about 2 miles from my house.

Anyways, dead91silvia (robin) and I head over there with my Toyota and his truck/trailer. I yanked it out with my winch and we towed backwards up the driveway to the main road and loaded it up. Got it home and hit it with a pressure washer, soap, purple power and a stiff brush. 1 hour later its looking pretty good!

So keep in mind this car has been sitting since January 2008. The interior isn't moldy or wet, just smells a bit. It has approx 3/4 tank of gas which after a bit of investigation we found it smells fresh, no joke it was like someone just filled it up. So we hooked up jumper cables to the battery and it fired right up.

Turns out the previous owner heard a noise while driving, got home and shut the car off. After that it would not start. Turns out it had a shitty led terminal on the positive side that did not make a good connection.

So the plan is to replace a few things like the timing belts, oil pump, oil seals and see if it cures some symptoms. If it does then I will work on the electrical and cosmetics like the bumper cover and tail light.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk