Sooo.... I every now and then troll the Canadian Pulsar forum when I have a few extra bucks and happened to find one in Victoria BC, Canada. It had been hit in the front and totaled out. Well, after talking with the owner and trying to work out a price for the parts I wanted and then not having the funds at the time, I just let it go. Well, 3 months later... I asked if he still had it and he did, but he had sold many of the parts I had wanted, like the motor and tran, but still had the gas tank and a few other random bits. He gave me a really cheap price for the whole package that included the body, doors, hatch, rear sub frame/diff, some interior, front hubs, and glass. All parts that would be nice to have for extras. Also got all the parts for an ABS system. My other car doesnt have any of it. More then likely will still not use it. LOL

The plan was set! I took the ferry to Sidney BC and drove to Victoria. Picked up the car, and then took another ferry to Port Angeles, WA. Thats where I had my biggest challenge, Customs. I didnt cut the car to render it parts, but I also only had a 2 hour window from one ferry port to the other so I just hauled ass. The boarder guard knew it was a JDM car when he saw it on the trailer. Not sure how, but he did. I went through the ringer with it saying this was an illegal import and I said I would cut it (I had the Sawzall just in case). He said that would not be an option. I figured "well crap... guess I just got extra parts, oh well...". Thats when he took me in the office and he looked some stuff up. I kinda played dumb, but I think he knew I was a veteran and knew more then I was letting on, but I just didnt say much. He said "I say the bumper sticker on your truck and I can tell we are politically on the same page. I was like... "what sticker in on my truck..?" and then it clicked. "If 10% is enough for GOD, it's enough for the IRS". He then proceeded to tell me these cars are being hunted down and not to ever try and license it and that he didnt care if I parted it out, or made a race car, just not to license it and said have a nice drive home.

So, as of now, this is a "race car" project. It ha 2 years till it's legal and I might try for that if I still have it by then.

Not much there, but its a complete shell, for the most part. I have all the front end parts already, just need struts and trans and motor. I might just make it front drive for now.

Pics I was sent from Canada...

On the COHO Ferry from Victoria BC to Port Angeles WA...

Mission accomplished! Just outside of Port Angeles at an IHOP. We hadnt ate for over 12 hours. We were famished!

Unloaded and on the dolly I got from slavik.96

Didnt realize this car had custom big brakes in the rear! Nice surprise!

Front end damage

Good thing I saved this front my half cut!

Parts...

Spent a little time installing some parts to condense the mess... LOL

Rear bumper installed...

Just to show how stripped it is... LOL