Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2.5 Header question

  1. #1
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,012, Level: 17
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    2.5 Header question

    I must really be rusty with the search engine on this forum, as I can't seem to ever find what I'm looking for. Anyways, and I apologize if there is a thread for this already but does anyone have any experience with the company CNT, and their EL header with resonated test pipe?

    http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-EL-98-05-S ... srs-nc.htm

    I'm trying to get around spending nearly $300 for a customer cat delete pipe that my friend wants to build me, for something more reasonable and in my budget. That and I can get past the whole part that the delete pipe would cost more than the borla rep header would.. Anyways, if anyone has any input I'd really appreciate it!

    PS. I'm not looking for power gains, just fixing the old owners mistakes.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    SLi Lurker meepers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    425
    Points
    5,843
    Level
    49
    Points: 5,843, Level: 49
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryO.G.5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    King of Publishing

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    I have never had experience with that company. but the headers look pretty nice. What is it you are trying to do? Just trying to get rid of the cats in your system? I would contact the company and see what diameter the tubing is as well. I didnt see it listed on the site. Stick with 2.25"
    Ruby 2.0 1999 Legacy Outback LTD: Getting Ruby 1.5's drive train.
    Ruby, 1998 Legacy Outback: officially a turbo car. Wounded, but being brought back.
    Courtney, 1997 Legacy Outback: DD and off road fun. Going to my sister for a reliable beast.
    Green Machine, 1998 Legacy L wagon: Only one I could not save... She is giving life to others.
    Sapphie, 1962 Nova: Going to be my Daughters sweet ride.

  3. #3
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,012, Level: 17
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    Quote Originally Posted by meepers
    I have never had experience with that company. but the headers look pretty nice. What is it you are trying to do? Just trying to get rid of the cats in your system? I would contact the company and see what diameter the tubing is as well. I didnt see it listed on the site. Stick with 2.25"
    Trying to replace all the half-a$$ fixes the previous own made to save money. For instance at some point the cat pipe to resonated pipe flange must of rusted off (thank you midwest salt belt) and had a straight pipe welded in its place. Also removed the flange from the resonated pipe to the muffler and welded it together.

    But there is a bunch of rust on the stock exhaust manifold at the head flanges, and am just trying to replace everything all at one time so that it is serviceable again. I'm not looking for power gains or anything silly like that.

  4. #4
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    64
    Points
    2,824
    Level
    32
    Points: 2,824, Level: 32
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    in the previous owners defense, that does eliminate possible leaks, lol.

  5. #5
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,012, Level: 17
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    Quote Originally Posted by lancerswimmer89
    in the previous owners defense, that does eliminate possible leaks, lol.
    Lol, touche! Sadly one is leaking and rather rusty

  6. #6
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    64
    Points
    2,824
    Level
    32
    Points: 2,824, Level: 32
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    Quote Originally Posted by Specv118
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerswimmer89
    in the previous owners defense, that does eliminate possible leaks, lol.
    Lol, touche! Sadly one is leaking and rather rusty
    When you replace it, you could coat it w/ some type of high heat paint or something to try and protect the new parts from the elements...that's what I would do anyways

  7. #7
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    61
    Points
    1,012
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,012, Level: 17
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Re: 2.5 Header question

    Quote Originally Posted by lancerswimmer89
    Quote Originally Posted by Specv118
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerswimmer89
    in the previous owners defense, that does eliminate possible leaks, lol.
    Lol, touche! Sadly one is leaking and rather rusty
    When you replace it, you could coat it w/ some type of high heat paint or something to try and protect the new parts from the elements...that's what I would do anyways
    I thought about having them coated, but I think your high heat paint idea might be better on the wallet

  8. #8
    "FNG"
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    30
    Points
    1,315
    Level
    20
    Points: 1,315, Level: 20
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Specv118 View Post
    I must really be rusty with the search engine on this forum, as I can't seem to ever find what I'm looking for. Anyways, and I apologize if there is a thread for this already but does anyone have any experience with the company CNT, and their EL header with resonated test pipe?

    http://www.cntracing.com/CNT-EL-98-05-S ... srs-nc.htm

    I'm trying to get around spending nearly $300 for a customer cat delete pipe that my friend wants to build me, for something more reasonable and in my budget. That and I can get past the whole part that the delete pipe would cost more than the borla rep header would.. Anyways, if anyone has any input I'd really appreciate it!

    PS. I'm not looking for power gains, just fixing the old owners mistakes.

    Thank you!
    Would those headers fit on a 2000 Subaru Legacy ej251?

  9. #9
    New User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1
    Points
    782
    Level
    14
    Points: 782, Level: 14
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Yes, but it involves replacing the catalytic converter section.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •