Thread: MaxBrakes.com Review.

t3h ub3r m3mber lord flashheart's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

MaxBrakes.com Review.

For those of you who are not familiar with MaxBrakes, they are a brake company based in Canada. They sell on eBay regularly. I couldn't find any in depth reviews on them so here I am making one.
    As you may know my car suffered brake failure and had a brief yet profound meeting with a Honda.

So after replacing the front end of my car I decided it was time for brakes.

DRIVING HABITS AND VEHICLE
    So my car is a 95 legacy with a swap, the brakes are upgraded from the dinky factory ones to the 03 outback H6 brakes front and rear. Which if I'm not mistaken is nearly 2 inches bigger in rotor diameter. As for my driving habits mostly aggressive daily driving with track days around once per month.

SELECTING THE BRAKES FROM MAXBRAKES.COM:
    I was surprised by the wide selection of options for as many applications as they do. (Not many companies make performance brakes for a 03 outback)
    They offered a great deal of options including
    Color: silver, gold or black zinc
    Rotor type: OE, drilled, slotted, drilled and slotted (and I'm sure a few others)
    Pads: organic, performance ceramic, semi-metallic, and carbon metallic.

After a great deal of research I decided to order the carbon metallic pads with silver vented, drilled and slotted rotors, since they seem to be all the rage with enthusiasts.

PRICE:
    I was actually fairly impressed with their prices. Their carbon ceramic pads run $31.99
    Compare with O'Reilys brake brand brakebest organics of $22, ceramic of $36 and carbon metallics of $70±.
    I was left feeling intrigued, but also I had some low expectations for them.
    The carbon metallic pads and slotted rotors for all 4 corners plus the E-brake shoes was well under $200 leaving room in the budget for red caliper paint and beer LOL.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
    after checkout I received a email from them to thank me for the purchase and to verify the application and fitment. I was a dummy and ordered the wrong pads and they were very helpful and responded to my emails within 15 minutes most times. Absolutely outstanding customer service... You know for Canadians.

SHIPPING:
    I was expecting to wait forever for shipping since it was out of the country. But I was surprised how quickly it arrived. From Ontario Canada to salt lake city Utah was just 4-5 business days.

QUALITY:
    Much to my satisfaction the quality seems to be pretty good. I was expecting thin rotors or poorly machined padsand was pleasantly surprised when I couldn't find anything poor about them. There is nothing I have found to indicate that these are from china. I must say I am impressed so far.

FITMENT:
    Aside from me ordering the incorrect product I had absolutely no issues what so ever.
    Before

After

OVERALL
    I am really impressed so far. I haven't taken the car to the track yet this year but the brakes feel firm, with good bite and maybe I'm typical ricer but I like the looks of them.
    I will update this as time goes on, with how the longevity and track day performance turns out.
    I will definitely buy again tho

Hope this helps.
    No, no ,no I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you!

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Interesting, I'll stay tuned to see how they track.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

t3h ub3r m3mber lord flashheart's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Red caliper paint and slotted rotors?

No, no ,no I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you!

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    03 outback front rotors are the same as WRX, so it's not to surprising and the rear is a popular WRX upgrade, so yeah I can see how drilled and slotted rotors are available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nepbug; 03-04-2015 at 01:35 PM.

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    i can attest to max brakes being really good for the price
    i drove my 01 legacy pretty hard and prior to getting 07 LGT brakes on i was running 05 wrx and H6 in the back for the better part of a year and 30000 kilometers with no issues at all
    /o/ hates everything /o/ cant afford