Let's call an ace an ace. There's no aftermarket tail lights for the 2nd gen legacy. If you want an something different your only option (to my knowledge) is the JDM with the corner clear lights.
So this thread is sort of a ongoing diy
I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing so this should be entertaining.
This is kinda what I'm shooting for

So I ordered some red tint for taillights. And I was planning on going over the orange portion of the tail light. When it gets here I'll slap it on and see how it looks. But I also want to try to do an LED light conversion. So I set about taking the tail light apart. By baking it at 200 degrees for a couple minutes on some cardboard so I wouldnt melt it. Now when u pry yours apart, if you choose to follow in my footsteps be careful to pry slowly because you will break them if you Dont and look like a jackass for breaking it after everyone warned you... Exactly like I did. I will be getting a new tail light, but I figured we could play around more with it.
Here is what the light looks like after the lenses is off.

And these reflectors pull out

So I'm going to try 3 things (budget permitting)

1) use the factory lenses with dark tint and LEDs mounted between the reflector things and the lenses to give the LED look.

2) buy some type of plastic stock and try to form it to make my own lense or take it to a plastic company and have them make lenses (attention everyone posible group buy! Lol) and mount LED panels inside them. With dark taillight tint or red tint. I got the idea of casting my own using the old lenses from this guy
http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/page-v...il_light_lens/

3) try something else. (I have some ideas but nothing concrete.)

I measured the area the lights will be going ....

....and determined this might be the way to go because I can choose the 'pattern' of the LEDs, they are cheap, you can curve them to the contours of the inside of the taillight. My only concern is brightness with them.

Another sources I've been looking at
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/wher...4/topics/31593

Discuss thoughts.