Thread: 1995 Legacy BK Brake Upgrade

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points

1995 Legacy BK Brake Upgrade

Time for inspection at the end of the month and I know I need front rotors/pads. I will also need all four baking plates as well. Im looking into doing the 02-03 WRX front rotors/calipers/pads if I can find some decent ones by then I have (17 x 7.5 wheels). I recently found this dude near me with this sick deal but will these rotors and pads fit if I buy the proper calipers?
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/5017609387.html Thanks....
    Last edited by Zangado1; 05-10-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    1995 AWD Legacy L wagon 5MT (DD)
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited 5MT

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I have 95 Legacy WAgon L
    With
    02 WRX brake calipers/pads/solid rotors/ss brake lines/struts in front
    and
    02 WRX brake calipers/ 00-04 outback caliper brackets & solid rotors/ss brake line /struts in rear

It Seems like you have found vented rotors and pads for 05-09 legacy GT / outback
    You will be supposed to get a pair of rear brake calipers and brackets that should direct fit 05-09 model .

In front set up if you get WRX caliper must use wrx pads whereas you can use rotors that fits 00-04
    1995 L-Wagon 45B : Sold
    1997 GT-Sedan 54A

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    Aren't 05-09 a LOT bigger rotors than 02-05 WRX? I wouldn't think those would fit under 16s, much less work with the calipers.
    ~Mark [SLi Admin]
    2015 Dodge Charger AWD
    2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited, 7 passenger w/ Navigation

Former vehicles:
    03 Forester
    95 Legacy Outback

Level
    Achievements:
    Thanks WPEC for your reply. After speaking to Mark and a few others on here who have been greatly appreciated with their opinions and help. It seems to me that since I use 16" WRX wheels in the winter and 17" wheels in the summer that the 02-03 WRX rotors/calipers/pads seem to be the best bang for the buck for the front set up. I just bought rear OEM rotors last year so im going to wait till they die to upgrade those. It seems that this WRX upgrade will be a direct swap? I will need no other parts to make this front conversion work? I have a few people around me with craigs list posts for what im looking for. Or maybe just bite the bullet and buy all new factory stuff from rock auto or Summit? There has to be a cheap distributor out there I would think....Thanks again

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassO.G.
    another direct easy swap to give you the same size rotors is the 02-04 outback swap. It uses the same pads as the 15" wheeled 2nd gen legacys have, but the bigger rotors on the front, actually the same caliper, if you have the 2 pot calipers, so all you need is caliper brackets and rotors for the front. I think the rear uses a bigger pad also, I am not sure, I have 02 WRX brakes on the back of mine. You can get braided brake lines from stoptech through Rockauto pretty inexpensive, they make a big difference in pedal firmness and they are direct fit for the 2nd gen legacy
    -Rick
    1998 Outback-Lift kit, plasti dip camo tan, 03 WRX calipers, slotted rotors, header, high flow cat, custom 2 1/4 catback, vibrant muffler, fresh rebuilt .020 over EJ25D w/ 251 block, strut tower bar, etc...
    04 35th anniversary H-6 Outback-Dynomax VT Muffler, power mode mod, not much else......yet!
    85 V65 Magna
    86 'Zuki Quadsport-fun machine

Level
    Achievements:
    My BK came with 14" wheels and wheel covers. Im not sure what calipers im wearing. I just figure since inspection is here I need to upgrade and make the swap as easy as possible. Calipers/rotors pads off of 02-03 WRX seems to be the best front brake upgrade that all of you have mentioned. I just need to know if I need any other parts to make the conversion work. The SS brake lines seem to be another cheap upgrade as well since im already going to replace everything there. Thanks shoguy.....

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Nothing like bringing up year old posts....
    I'm looking to upgrade my BK as well, and I was considering using 02-04 Outback brakes. My car has single pots in front, so I can't just get brackets either. My questions are, to use the SS brake hoses, are you guys getting them for your car, or for the brakes you're putting on? And how do you go about the e-brake? Match it to the car or to the brakes going on?
    1996 Legacy wagon(BK) 2.5/2.2 hybrid, auto trans. whiteline 22mm rear sway bar, whiteline rear strut brace, 02 wrx struts

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassO.G.
    On rockauto it lists the stainless brake hoses for our cars directly. For your car you will need front rotors, backing plates (if you use them) calipers and brackets. When you are asking about the e-brake, the rotors are the same size for the 98 up through 04 between the Outback and wrx, the only thing that changes are calipers, brackets and pads, the parking brake is a drum inside the rotor and stays the same
    -Rick
    1998 Outback-Lift kit, plasti dip camo tan, 03 WRX calipers, slotted rotors, header, high flow cat, custom 2 1/4 catback, vibrant muffler, fresh rebuilt .020 over EJ25D w/ 251 block, strut tower bar, etc...
    04 35th anniversary H-6 Outback-Dynomax VT Muffler, power mode mod, not much else......yet!
    85 V65 Magna
    86 'Zuki Quadsport-fun machine