Thread: Future Boosted EJ22

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points

Future Boosted EJ22

Hey Everyone, it's been a slow few days at work and I've had time to start looking into boosting my legacy. It's a little more interesting for me as I am running a USDM 99 legacy L Wagon. This of course has the phase 2 EJ22 however since there were not a lot of Subaru's that came with these (only usdm 99 non gt leggys and 99-01 non rs imprezas as far as I can tell) Now I really don't want to do a full wrx swap because not only is this very expensive, i know you can boost these engines for less, but i like the idea of doing something a little different and it's my daily so having having it out of commission for a little while isn't too bad but not for as long as it would take me or anyone else to do that swap. But since there is very limited information I want to see what ideas all of you have, Should I go turbo, Supercharger, pros and cons of either, and how I would go about boosting it. Are ej22t pistons usable on a phase 2? What about different heads? Anything and everything you want to throw my way! This is a future build so I'm just starting to look at parts and everything i can get together, also it is being done on a college budget so these purchases will need to be spaced out which is why I'm asking now even though I don't plan on doing this till next spring or summer. Thanks!!

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    http://www.rs25.com/forums/f7/107798...s-list-88.html

Everything you need to know about turboing your motor is there. Ej22t pistons would work if you could find them in the correct bore size, every ej22t I've seen has had "b" bores and most newer subarus have a mix of "a" and "b". And there are no head swaps that will lower compression ratio and not cause other issues. The phase 2 ej22 and phase 2 ej251/3 have the same exact combustion chamber. In fact the heads are identical with the exception of the single exhaust port on the ej22 heads.
    Last edited by 86bratman; 06-25-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    My 1997 Legacy L

Fuelly