Thread: clutch not engaging all the way

Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

clutch not engaging all the way

hallo, my 98' outback is having trouble, it is slipping in first, it will engage (sort of) and the car will roll forward but if i give it any amount of gas it just slips, the clutch is fine, i just put a different engine in from my other outback, I replaced the slave cylinder as it was a little rough when I played with the piston in it, but that didnt help, I am going to pull the engine again and check if i got oil on the clutch plate or something, just wondering if anyone had and solved this problem. cheers lads.
    if I wanted to lower my car I'd have gotten a GT!
    outbacks go UP^

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Assuming there is no oil leak problem and there is adequate clutch friction material left, I think it might be a pressure plate issue. I'd double-check all the bolts are tight and that nothing has broken on that.

Did you transfer the flywheel from the other engine over to this one?

Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    thanks for the reply dude! I just pulled the engine to check it out as its a cake walk pulling non-turbo subaru engines out, I did it in 50min this time anywho it was the stupid little wire clip thingy that holds the TO bearing to the fork lol, i made a vid of it on my youtubes account (prodriver33) it snapped of and the TO bearing got stuck in front of the Ti sleeve I have on the trans snout, I'm running a toyota taco TO bearing due to the change so I need to go to napa and get another clip or just make one out of an old coat hanger, I usually MAcGyver shit like that lol, the car cost me $500 about 6-7 years ago and other than mods I have spent less than that keeping it on the road.
    if I wanted to lower my car I'd have gotten a GT!
    outbacks go UP^