Thread: Need help with suspension questions. New to subaru and dont want to order wrong parts

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Need help with suspension questions. New to subaru and dont want to order wrong parts

Hey guys,

I just bought a 99 legacy 30th ann. SUS. The struts are shot and im wanting to get GR2's and lowering springs. I know that since it is a SUS model, it has different suspension that the regular legacy. I found the correct gr2's on ebay for the sus. My question is, If I want lowering springs, which ones do I order? Are they the same for all legacys or do the SUS models take different springs?

Thanks in advance.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I'm not an expert on this but I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you. The SUS has longer struts just like an Outback. Finding lowering springs for any '95 to '99 Legacy is not easy. I believe King Springs in Australia might have something that would work. Most people use WRX take-off struts, 2004 only STi Struts or Coilovers. BC Racing has a direct bolt on coil over that will fit your car. There's a lot of good info here.
    https://sl-i.net/FORUM/showthread.ph...-fitment-guide!
    1996 Outback 5 speed
    1997 Legacy L wagon 5 speed Member's Ride I thread

"You want a real kick? You go Bernoulli." Pops Racer