Thread: EJ22T mods?

Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

EJ22T mods?

So no tuning? I thought OBD1 was easier to mess with than early OBDII but I guess not.

I've heard a TD04 and WRX inter-cooler on the stock ECU is a good upgrade? I've also heard the stock 02-05 WRX intercooler is the only topmount that fits?

Walbro 255 I'm guessing for fuel

Whats a good up and down pipe to use? Does the 22T use the same headers as the 255/7 and 207?.

I've also read a lot about putting EJ25D SOHC or DOHC heads on then but the bore isn't the same, how does that even work?
    HARRY
    Ride: 98 legacy GT limited: Snorkusectomy, Group A pitch stop, Group A crank and alternator pulleys, Axxis brake pads, SS lines and Super Blue fluid

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    A good upgrade for 22ts is to do a DOHC swap, most people put 25d heads on their 22ts, and I think you just use stock head gasket. not 100% sure on this

as far as most common upgrades, yes, TD-04, WRX (06-07) and FXT (04?) are what most people use, but this makes for quite some heat soak.
    Walbro 255, yes, one of the easiest and best upgrades
    I think 02-07 wrx downpipes work, but have to be trimmed ? I cant remember, and for the headers you can use 02-07 wrx headers/uppipe.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oc7ane View Post
    A good upgrade for 22ts is to do a DOHC swap, most people put 25d heads on their 22ts, and I think you just use stock head gasket. not 100% sure on this

as far as most common upgrades, yes, TD-04, WRX (06-07) and FXT (04?) are what most people use, but this makes for quite some heat soak.
    Walbro 255, yes, one of the easiest and best upgrades
    I think 02-07 wrx downpipes work, but have to be trimmed ? I cant remember, and for the headers you can use 02-07 wrx headers/uppipe.
    Will that run on the stock ECU or do you need the 25D ECU?

Heat soak? Isn't that what the IC is for? I read that WRX down pipes hung very low, would WRX headers be better than stock? I know like every turbo vehicle from 02-2014 has the same headers.
    HARRY
    Ride: 98 legacy GT limited: Snorkusectomy, Group A pitch stop, Group A crank and alternator pulleys, Axxis brake pads, SS lines and Super Blue fluid

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Not 100% sure about the ecu part, i'm going off what i remember from my buddy doing and reasearching about his 92 ss, but the 07 wrx tmic only process so much air, and it isn't that much, and the SS hoodscoop isn't as big as a wrx so it works, but it isn't the optimal setup.

if you got ebay or name brand wrx headers they would be better, some people also like to port the headers and get a grimmspeed crosspipe and go that route instead of ebay headers or something.

Level
    Achievements:
    The one im looking at has some waky electronic boost controller that runs off a gameboy
    HARRY

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    That's the TurboXS DTEC boost controller
    http://turboxs.com/shop/258-dtec-sof...continued.html

I've got 2 sets of ported and polished headers (including ported cross pipe, all done in an anti-reversion style) off a 2009 and 2012 WRX if you interested in going that route.

Level
    Achievements:
    If I get it I would be interested. I don't know what manifold it has on it right now, but it has a 3" DP and 3" exhaust with a huge ass Greddy melon shooter.

That's the one but it doesn't seem to be working right, it's just like a piggy back to the stock boost controller? The boost controller in the car doesn't seem to be working, if you set it to 13.5psi is what I think it's set to, it works for like 8-48 hours and then reverts back to like 20 or so I'm told. If you punch it in 1st or 2nd gear it will shoot up to like over 1 bar and then cuts out, which isn't good on stock injectors and stock fuel pump.

If I got it Robtuned would the DTEC be necessary? I'm thinking of just throwing a manual boost controller on it if I get it.
    HARRY

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    O.G.5000 Experience Points
    In my own experience, the 06-07 WRX TMIC fits best.