Good Day all,

I know it has been a long time since I have posted, and have not sent any updates of the replacement shell I bought last year after I got rear ended.

As it stands... I put my ej255 setup in the replacement shell, sans turbo. Basically as a stock replacement, so to speak. Well, I was driving to Indiana in January, and ended up blowing the water pump and head gasket (sleeping in the car, 5* outside.) as I was sleeping when it happened, I never saw the temp gauge rise. Stopped for gas, fluid check, and I was 1/2 gallon low on coolant. Topped her off, and thought I saw bubbles, but wasnt sure, and thought maybe paranoid.

Next fuel stop, and the radiator definately had exhaust blow by. I was 1800 miles from home, so I did the horrific, I poured in a bottle of the copper stop leak. Made it as far as St Louis, and the car basically told me no more.

The next 3 days were no fun.

Got back to AZ, Pulled the turbo build motor. Threw a set of head gaskets/timing belt/ wp on the stock motor, and dropped it in. Other then some valve tick (un sure if the valve shims are needing to be adjusted, or if it has a slightly bent valve.) Runs great, just hate the tick tick tick. Wish I would have dissassembled the heads, but I was carless.

Pulled the Turbo motor apart. Was super surprised to see where the leak was, heads are good, and NO additional damage.

As it stands, I have entirely tooooo many projects, and not enough time or money, and not nearly enough space.

The Current though process is this. Either wrx 5speed swap my current bone stock Leggy, and sell everything else I have, Or keep the car as is, just maintain it, and sell the following:

04 Rex 5 speed, rear end, Complete swap.

EJ255 Shortblock (just gone through, new bearings, resealed, good block.

ej25D heads, just rebuilt, tapped for oil drain, new springs/retainers/guides/seals Setup for turbo.

cant decide on keeping or selling the Emanage ultimate w/greddy pressure sender

Greddy profec boost control

550 injectors... Or maybe make it a package deal. Basically the entire motor (replace HG/Timing/WP) as a unit.

VF48 turbo Blah blah blah.......

Part out the wrecked shell, All the panels other then the right quarter are completely straight as I had the car ready to paint.

Drive the current car completely stock for the next few months, looking for a much much newer car. Maybe a subie, Maybe something else.

Take the money I get from selling all my toys, and finish building my 62 nova, and my 99 ranger Pre Runner.

I have so many years and thousands of dollars into everything. I just dont know what to do. Once I get everything back on track, I can always pick up another legacy, and do my turbo again later, or find a fwd 1.8l Impreza and go wild.

The last year and a half, every time I get ahead with my car, something bad happens. I think I may be just burnt out on it for now.

Thoughts, opinions?

Timmmaahhhh