Thread: New from Eastern WA, Wintergreen 5sp 1995 Legacy Wagon, 1 owner CA car...

New from Eastern WA, Wintergreen 5sp 1995 Legacy Wagon, 1 owner CA car...

Had the car a couple months, too busy working on the car to post... ;-) It's my second SUBI, parted with my 1995 Hunter Green Impreza wagon (auto) to get this one. I haul a lot of stuff, and the Impreza wasn't really working for me, even with a HUGE Thule cartop carrier.

This was really a cool car, one owner, still has the orig sales sheet, sold in San Fransisco, "CA emissions" stickered car with NO EGR valve, it's a beautiful thing, very clean engine bay.

It was garaged it's whole life, but still dented up pretty good here and there. What can you expect, the nicer cars are always abused somehow it seems...

Anyway, did a few things here and there, blackening out trim, different wheels. Krylon Rust Tough Satin Black paint is your friend ;-)

I'm on a "Lightquest" now, figured I'd see if I can find any JDM lights on the forum?

I'm still kicking myself for passing on a nice cheap in the USA set on feeBay right after I got the car, I was hemorrhaging money at the time, couldn't quite do it, but they were a killer deal, dang... with fender marker lights to boot.

Anyway, planning to do a Daniel Stern headlight wiring/relays upgrade, and hopefully some JDM lights running hi power bubs... (Texas pronunciation ;-)

I've got my current lights polished like crazy right now, but they still suck as far as I'm concerned, they need help.

I have a bunch of bulbs on the way off eBay yesterday, a variety. I maintain a half dozen of these cars for neighbors and family, so I'll get to try a few different bulbs, should be nice and make everybody's driving a bit better. On the way are Philips Extreme Vision + 130 (per DS's recommendation), plus a couple sets of Vision Plus (which are supposed to be the same as Osram Nightbreakers), plus some Sylvania Silverstar Ultras, plus a whole new polishing kit, the Heavy Duty Meguiars kit.

I'm also putting the factory Projector fogs in the car, they are installed as ornaments for now, the wiring scares me off...

From what I read, the fogs become virtually useless with better low beams, so I'm not too concerned about this right now, even tho this time of year thru Spring we will have the worst fog imaginable...

Last winter my 76 yr old neighbor (1996 Legacy Wagon) said he "had to get out and walk around to see where the corner was" where we turn off the main gravel road onto our 3 mile long somewhat extreme downhill Canyon Rd...

I'm kind a of a car nut from way back, muscle cars... and currently still a fleet of old Dodge trucks, '63 to '70.

I've had few sports cars, Triumph, BMW (bikes also), and of course consider myself an exceptional driver (when I'm paying attention;-), so I really enjoy the wagon.

It's really strangely very fast. Regular NGK plugs, NGK wires, K&N air filter in the factory airbox setup, Magnaflow muffler welded on to a Walker "Sound FX" axle back (so I could keep my stock axle back unharmed), with a Magnaflow Oval tip, like the stock one on steroids... Really bone stock otherwise, and the car just rips thru the gears in the most amazing way, for a big car.

So, two exhausts, and I have three sets of wheels/tires for it. The original to the car steelies, now on the car with Michelin X Ice tires, a set of junk yard 14" 5 spokes, freakin gorgeous wheels, and the set of 5 spoke Outback 15's still shod with a fairly worn out set of Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position, these look really good on the wagon too, and have a much different ride than the 14"s, which are shod over oversized (were on the car when I go it) 195-70-14 Cooper Lifeliner tires, big ol balloons... Pretty decent tires in mud and gravel actually, fairly impressed with those but I have my X Ice tires on the car already, and they feel pretty great too. My first set of non studded winter tires (my Impreza had 195/60-15 Hankook I Pike for years), and I'm really looking forward to not dealing with the noise and vibration of studded tires!

I'm fortunate enough to live in somewhat of an off highway paradise, and ripping out of the Canyon (3 miles of twisty narrow sometimes half washed out road where you play pole position through the bigger rocks in the road) is so dang much fun. At night when there is less traffic, I've made the uphill climb in just over two minutes... Of course there's lots of deer to hit as well, which is one dang good reason to insist on better lights.

Anyway, hoping to find some here on the forum, just one set for now. Maybe another set later, we just bought my neighbor a 1996 Wintergreen Wagon, Auto, cool car and I plan to fix up his lights as good as mine in time. Mine's got some dents on the right, his has them on the left, between us, we have a perfect car ;-)

Let's see if I can post a pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    I have never seen that colour on a 2nd gen before. It looks really good.

I replied to your ad in the wanted section for the JDM lights. I have the rears as well as the fogs if you are keen.

Ryan