Well, hello everyone. This is my first thread here on sl-i, but I would greatly appreciate any input.

Since I am only 17, and my little 60k mile BH isn't quite mine yet, an STi engine/manual swap is out of the question, so I am stuck with a slow and heavy wagon with a slushbox, but I need something to sink my time and money into, so why not put in a stereo? A proper stereo system, as slapping in a big flashy head unit doesn't count as a real stereo install. Before I get into too much detail, here are the important parts: replacing all factory speakers, adding amplifiers in "trunk" with an 8 inch sub in a small sealed box.

I've looked for months to gather all of the resources I can find, but there are some things that just aren't well documented.

Here is where I need some input.
Firstly, I am considering putting in some sound deadening material under all of my carpet. Does anyone know how time consuming it is to remove all of the carpet in this car without tearing it out?

Next, does anyone have any clue how to fit aftermarket 6.5" speakers into the doors, and what sort of issues I will run into? This page says that there are splash guards/shrouds that the factory speakers fit into. Supposedly they can be modified to fit a normal speaker, but then I've got to worry about fitting a foam baffle in to protect the speaker from water. Is this actually an issue? I have found speaker adapters on eBay, of all places, but the only ones listed as fitting in the front don't have a large enough cutout for the speakers I have, and they cost 30 bucks. If anyone has put speakers into their Legacy of the same generation, please share what you needed to do to make them fit.

Here I go with the "I've searched for this before", but it is true. I have seen members on this forum install a complete stereo in their Legacies, but it is usually just mentioned in their mod list without going into much detail about how they installed everything. Thanks in advance for any input.