Thread: Are USDM and JDM BE/BH Engine Bay's cut out the same way?

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Are USDM and JDM BE/BH Engine Bay's cut out the same way?

Wondering if the engine bays in the USDM and JDM BE/BH are the same... as in (with both engines removed) do the inside walls of USDM and JDM engine bays have the same exact holes cut out? I'm thinking about getting a JDM airbox Snorkel for my USDM car but not sure if it will fit.
    2001 Subaru Legacy Limited Sedan 5spd
    Delta 1500 Cams/ DNA Motoring UEL Headers/ Magnaflow 14829 Catback/ Ganzflow and K&N Drop-in/ Perrin Crank Pulley/ Tein S-Tech Springs/ KYB Struts/ Paranoid Fabrications Rear Tophat Spacers/ Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars/ eBay Front Strut Bar/ Drag DR-31 Wheels/ Outback LL Bean Steering Wheel/ Yakima Roof Rack/ Putco Yellow Fog Bulbs/ 170,000+ Miles

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    JDM and USDM cars have exactly the same sheet metal in the engine bay.

Otherwise, the Turbo intake used in Japan, is the same as the US H6, the 2004 US H4 California Emissions, and the Baja Turbo intakes. If you want the style with the big "snorkus" in the fender, then I would pick one up from a 3rd gen H6 Outback, as it would be far cheaper.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrenicki View Post
    JDM and USDM cars have exactly the same sheet metal in the engine bay.

Otherwise, the Turbo intake used in Japan, is the same as the US H6, the 2004 US H4 California Emissions, and the Baja Turbo intakes. If you want the style with the big "snorkus" in the fender, then I would pick one up from a 3rd gen H6 Outback, as it would be far cheaper.
    Thank you!
    Delta 1500 Cams/ DNA Motoring UEL Headers/ Magnaflow 14829 Catback/ Ganzflow and K&N Drop-in/ Perrin Crank Pulley/ Tein S-Tech Springs/ KYB Struts/ Paranoid Fabrications Rear Tophat Spacers/ Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars/ eBay Front Strut Bar/ Drag DR-31 Wheels/ Outback LL Bean Steering Wheel/ Yakima Roof Rack/ Putco Yellow Fog Bulbs/ 170,000+ Miles

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    You are going to want the whole setup. The duck bill, the snorkus, the air filter box, and the resonator on the throttle body. I took the setup off of the 2004 PZEV BH that I parted out a few years back and gave it to @amgarrety. I am not 100% sure if he put it on his car yet.

Also, the 2nd gen has that intake setup too.. at least on the EJ25D Outbacks.. perhaps on other models too.. I do not recall off the top of my head if the EJ22 has it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrenicki View Post
    You are going to want the whole setup. The duck bill, the snorkus, the air filter box, and the resonator on the throttle body. I took the setup off of the 2004 PZEV BH that I parted out a few years back and gave it to @amgarrety. I am not 100% sure if he put it on his car yet.

Also, the 2nd gen has that intake setup too.. at least on the EJ25D Outbacks.. perhaps on other models too.. I do not recall off the top of my head if the EJ22 has it.
    I'm actually in the midst of building a 3" Ganzflow setup and figured the snorcus might be a decent way to add air.