Oh wow I'm dumb. I never even considered that to take them off. I assumed that there was either a stud that would go through the other side and into the floor, or there was a stud that came through the floor and into the bump stop that you'd have to pop the rubber off or something to get to. I tore the interior of a junkyard car apart and was getting ready to cut into the floor just to try to find the stud. Thank you!

And yes, every Legacy definitely has them. Virtually every car on the road in general has bump stops of some kind. If yours doesn't have them, someone must have removed them, but they 100% came with them. I'd check again.

I just measured my fender to ground height again. It looks like they did settle a bit. On KYB Excel-G struts made for an Outback (confirmed with part number they were Outback struts), I was at ~28.75" fender to ground. With the Bilsteins and STI pink springs, I'm now at ~26.5" fender to ground. Before when I measured shortly after install, it was around 27.25" fender to ground.