Thread: PZEV exhaust 04 Legacy?

PZEV exhaust 04 Legacy?

I have a 2004 Legacy and was wondering if there are any exhaust setups that will work for the car considering it has single port heads.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    The EJ259 is an odd-bird of an engine. The exhaust setup is very similar to the H6 setup though, so you might be able to use an aftermarket solution for that. Like this one:
    http://www.obxracingsports.com/products.php?pk=1804

But, before you buy, do some more research and make sure it actually fits, it passes the eyeball test, but I wouldn't trust it still.

If you have to do emissions on your car then swapping the exhaust will be a pain, they'll be looking for 3 cats and 5 O2 sensors for your setup.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Thank you. The obx passes my visual test but yea I definitely cant I'm new to the subie game and this is really giving me a headache. I assume slapping ej251 heads or something won't be a better option??

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudybruh View Post
    Thank you. The obx passes my visual test but yea I definitely cant I'm new to the subie game and this is really giving me a headache. I assume slapping ej251 heads or something won't be a better option??
    Hmm, I'm not positive, but with the differences between the 251 and 259, I think a simple head swap won't quite cut it. Though, you could try to blaze the path and see what you can do, not many people persevere enough to figure out what to do on the EJ259.