Thread: Cruise Control acting strange.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Cruise Control acting strange.

I have a 2001 Outback that I swapped the steering wheel with an 05 Forester XT and wired the cruise control to work with the newer stalk to avoid the button in the dash. Recently while driving I noticed that when I hit CANCEL or RES that it would turn the cruise on and off. The wiring for the cruise control hasn't changed since I've done this and it worked fine up until I added the JDM HID's /Level switch and a BFM cluster. I don't think any of these would be cause for this wiring to get screwed up for the cruise control because they don't directly relate to the system. Am I mistaken? Anyone that might be able to shed some light please do. I've been messing with the wiring since last night.

When I undo the RES wire RES and CANCEL stop functioning (well you can hold cancel and it slows the car down)
    I've checked to make sure that when I wired the leveler switch that I didn't take anything from the cruise control.
    I've double and triple checked the wires behind the steering wheel to and from the stalk.
    I've checked the fuse (I doubt that would of caused it but worth a shot)
    I've checked the ground for the stalk

I'm out of ideas.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 1
    I know nothing of the CCM logic, but your question got me curious as I'm working a 1995 legacy transplant to a trike (handle bars, not wheel) and have to create my own switching system for set and cancel, hoping not to wire resume as I wouldn't use it. Check out you wiring diagrams and pull the unit apart. For the '95 the wiring diagram looks like there are little three solenoids inside the paddle switch. Thought that was cool so I had to open it up. I opened it up and found it is just contacts being moved to other contacts to terminate or boost a signal. Until further information comes to lite, I'm thinking the CCM is reading some voltage from the RES wire and if its missing..... Just saying...

Dmend