Thread: My 98 Legacy GT-B Limited - The new Daily!

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Cool My 98 Legacy GT-B Limited - The new Daily!

What's better than one GT-B Limited? Two of them!

As mentioned in the other thread, I bought another Limited.
    After a friend crashed into my summer car, I didn't know if I should get a new one or not, or if I just should fix up the black GT-B so that it'll pass the TÜV again.
    At the end I didn't have enough drive to fix up the old daily. Didn't need much to do, but even after repairs it just would be adented, scratched up GT-B, after hitting the curb last winter, leaving the left suspension bent and left rear rim damaged, it was set that I wanted a new daily.
    To have some contrast to the GT-B, I wanted something small and easy, low consumption and LHD. I looked for Nissan K10 Micras.

In February then I was in hospital due to some unforseen health stuff. Since it was no short stay, my mom brought me my cellphone. Between a lot of notifications the notification from a search at mobile.de showed up, saying that there were new results to my search. I had a look and saw that it was a 98 Legacy GT-B Limited in white. Except for wheels and a turbo timer, stock!
    Well, a day later my brother contacted the shop and bought it.
    They just had scored it on an auction in Japan, and expected it to be here and ready to pick up in around 3 months.
    So three weeks ago, the Legacy passed the TÜV and had a german registration so that I could pick it up.

Here are some pics from the day I picked it up:

I never felt really confident about modding my summer Limited as the car was in perfect condition before the accident.
    So the plan is to keep the new daily stock, clean it properly and get it back to the OEM look (maybe with some small paint mods at the front).
    Get rid of all the chrome-parts, get the stock wheels back on, etc.
    Some parts do need a respray anyway, like the front bumper:

It was pretty dirty in the doors and the OEM chrome stuff has to go

The turbo timer will stay, as I think that it's pretty usefull, but the card reader for an auto toll road system will have to go.

This socket for a Subaru aftermarket lamp has to go, too...

...as well as the lamp itself (You can unscrew it, then mount it on the backdoor).
    The trunk floor cover will stay, it's ugly, but usefull.

Looks like something rubbed onto the paint, luckily there is no dent and when I'm really lucky it'll just buff out.

So last weekend I decided to get some stuff on the daily done...
    First things first, the faulty Kenwood soundsystem had to leave...the radio just showed a "Bus-E03" error anyway and the speakers were damaged as in any other Legacy.
    So I replaced the unit with a Sony MD-X8790, 90s High End with Minidisc and a proper DSP. I added a CD changer emulator plug and a cinch to headphone jack cable at the BUS in and I had my Aduio Aux that I need for my phone.
    The front speakers got changed to my Audio System 165mm system from my old daily.

As I reinstalled the rear wiper on my old daily, I noticed that I didn't put the screws back into the backdoor.
    So in the end I decided to get rid of it on the white one and just take the screws from that wiper.
    While doing so I also replaced the trim with the one from the old daily.

The hole in the rear window was plugged up with the glass plug from the old daily.... it's now the third car I glued that into.

After I was done with the wiper, I gave the interior a proper ozone treatment to get rid of any smells inside. After it smelled neutral again, I gave the A/C a clean with Sonax spray to desinfect it.

Fnally had the time to clean inside of the doors. First I got rid of the chrome/steel parts. They luckily were just taped on on the upper end and clipped on at the lower end.

Inside the doors it looked like nobody ever cleaned there, so I fixed that.

After a few hours, it all looked pretty good again. The dirt was pretty stuck, so at the end I had to use several brushes and rim cleaner to get everything off.

Same about the backdoor, just that it had some black goop added, I guess it was wax.

Looks good again now, the rusty parts I luckily could change with parts from the donor car still sitting in my garage.

Same about the rear doors...

...looks all good again.

Next probably will be the OEM wheels and a proper interior clean.
    Current cars: 97 Legacy GT-B Auto, 98 Legacy GT-B Limited Manual, 96 Golf Syncro 16V (WIP), 86 Scirocco 16V GTX (WIP), 76 Golf LS (Future Project)

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Noooo! You're getting rid of all of the desirable JDM parts that Americans go crazy for, haha. We specifically bring in those aluminum door sills, the trunk lamp, the trunk carpet, the trunk grab handle, etc. You're breaking our hearts!

Looking forward to see what you do with this one, though. Kind of cool to see you go for a mild and wild build at the same time.