Thread: Outback xt headers - o2 sensor issues

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Outback xt headers - o2 sensor issues

Hey all. So the front o2 sensor just after the exhaust manifold went bad in my '08 outback xt. Of course the sensor was already stripped when I crawled under to remove it and it's so rusted in that I can't get it to budge. I've now spent about 3 hours doing everything I can think of and, needless to say, am about to throw a helmet on and drive the thing off a cliff. I don't particularly want to drill it and risk metal shards going thru the turbo. I'm considering just buying new headers since the stock ones are on their way out anyways. Do I need particular headers for an xt or are they interchangeable between all turbo ej's this era? Also, any suggestions on good cheap headers? They might only be temporary to get me through till busy season when I have spare flow to start modding. Thoughts?
    '99 Legacy GT Limited
    '05 Impreza 2.5 RS
    '08 Outback XT Limited
    '04 Chevy 2500 HD
    '69 Pontiac Firebird

Cone Eater
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayzed View Post
    Hey all. So the front o2 sensor just after the exhaust manifold went bad in my '08 outback xt. Of course the sensor was already stripped when I crawled under to remove it and it's so rusted in that I can't get it to budge. I've now spent about 3 hours doing everything I can think of and, needless to say, am about to throw a helmet on and drive the thing off a cliff. I don't particularly want to drill it and risk metal shards going thru the turbo. I'm considering just buying new headers since the stock ones are on their way out anyways. Do I need particular headers for an xt or are they interchangeable between all turbo ej's this era? Also, any suggestions on good cheap headers? They might only be temporary to get me through till busy season when I have spare flow to start modding. Thoughts?
    They should be interchangeable with any pre 07 turbo manifold. Im running the wrx manifold on my 05 obxt
    2005 Outback XT
    2003 Legacy L "Special" Edition...RIP CLICK HERE

GO > Show. Every time.

STI is the new medically accepted term for STD.