Thread: BH5 Manual Antenna options

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

BH5 Manual Antenna options

2000 Legacy L; the plastic cap/mount portion of my manual antenna is busted and my antenna is stuck in the extended position. While trying to adjust it, I found one of the bolts rusted and broke so now the unit is only held on with one bolt and the antenna mostly out. Furthermore, the area around the bolt hole is rusting too. I want to address this.

I noticed the higher trim levels of wagon and Outback use a antenna rear left cargo window. Probably not worth the effort to retrofit (is it even possible?), what would be the best way to fix/replace the antenna and rust issue? I have also thought about getting an internal amplified hidden antenna, whether its windshield mounted or hidden somewhere in the car.

Level
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    The rear glass is glued in. You could have that piece replaced with one from a 2001-2004 car, but you would need someone familiar with automotive glass replacement to remove the old and install the new.

The pull out antenna is on all 2000 models. Any trim level from 2001-2004 came with the glass antenna.

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Ah, that makes more sense. I didn't correlate the year being the pattern as I seldom see an actual 2000 car there.