Thread: Avery's 99 legacy gt - GTB-Limited bumper

Avery's 99 legacy gt - GTB-Limited bumper

I've had my legacy for about a year now and I've recently started to aquire some parts. So I figured now would be a good time to start documenting it. I'll keep up with it until it stops being fun

Most recent photos:

Exterior:
    Gtb-limited front bumper
    JDM projector headlights (motimoto rx-r projectors) 5500k HIDs
    JDM fogs 3000k HIDs
    (Help me figure out how to get rid of the David Bowie stripe please!)

Interior:
    Stitchboots shift boot
    Otherwise stock

Suspension:
    BC Racing coilovers w/swift springs
    25mm Tribeca front sway bar
    Outback rear sway bar

Engine:
    Stock (slow)

Exhaust:
    Deleted cats
    Deleted stock resonator
    EUL (eBay) headers
    2x 18" eBay cherrybomb style resonators
    Vibrant performance 1057 muffler

First photo I took that day I got the car

Gave it a good wash, cleaned up the headlights. (Viewer discretion advise, some plastidip was used)

I added some LED's

That's pretty much it right now.
    Last edited by Panda_Legacy; 02-15-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Some photos

I got some BC coilovers from a buddy on Instagram for $140. The collar rings where seized aswell as the the front lower mounts... I was able to break em free!

This happened last week -_- lady's Tahoe came out of park supposedly. Was just gonna let it go but she was being a dick so... Should be getting some money from the claim!

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Can't wait whem you'll put the bumper ! will look amazing!
    '95 Subaru Legacy BG4 EJ2.0E MT EDM (Sold)
    '96 Subaru Legacy BD5 EJ2.5D AT USDM (Sold)
    '95 Subaru Legacy BG5 EJ2.0H Single-turbo GT-B Limited JDM 5spd AT (Sold) [RE-BOUGHT]
    '00 Subaru Legacy BE5 EJ208 Twin-turbo MT JDM(Sold)
    '99 Subaru Legacy BH5 EJ206 Single-turbo AT JDM(Sold)
    '03 Subaru Legacy BP5 EJ20Y AT Twinscroll turbo JDM(Sold)

I aquired some JDM headlights from a forum member. They have been retrofitted with morimoto FX-R 3.0 projectors using the SL-I cnc bracket. They never got finished so I bought them and remated the lenses and finished up some wiring. I also decided to black out the housings, I think it will go well with the white.

The projectors are Bi-Xenon so blacking out high beam reflector shouldn't be an issue... Shouldn't

Just need to do a little more cleaning up

Projectors have been paired with 5500k HID's (also morimoto). Standard halogen in the high beam, and I will be getting some LED's for running & turn light. I've also adapted turn and run light to 9006 as well to make wiring a bit cleaner.

I also got some fog light. These have been paired with 3000k HID's (morimoto).

Turn assist bulb has also been fitted with a 9006 connector to hopefully make tapping into the turn signal wires easy.

I have a GTB-limited bumper and L7 grille sitting aswell but have no photos yet. If everything goes well, should have it all on the car some time next week.

That's all for now

P.s. believe it or not, I got $600 from there Insurance

Well would you look at that... it didn't go well.

I think I got screwed on the headlights. While finishing up the assembly of the headlights I discovered that the retrofit was done very poorly, and a lot of the components are actually broken. the driver projector was not switching to 'high beam mode' so I had to pull it apart again. luckily with some patients I was actually able to fix it. I had also discovered that the AMP to D2S adapter was broken as well as the bulb, and various wires. I'm waiting for some parts to show up in the mail so it'll probably be another week or so (hopefully not more).

Today I was able to get the bumper on. if you look you will notice it is slightly 'bowed' in the center grill portion. that is due to the difference in the USDM and JDM bumper bar. I wasn't aware that JDM bumper was flat so I had to modify the bar a little bit. For those wondering... yes it is slightly being held together by foil tape and zip ties... I know... I'll get around to doing the proper body work soon.

I am trying to locate a JDM bar. Tho it fits, it doesn't line up the best, I'm also unable to mount the Fogs. Sooooo... If anyone has a JDM bar they would like to sell me, PM me! If I can't find one, I might be able to talk a friend into helping me make some brackets for the Fogs. I also sadly discovered that the SUV that rolled into me did more damage (amazingly!) than I thought, so things are not lining up very well hopefully I'll have the headlights together soon and I'll post some pictures of it all together.

Here is roughly what it will look like when it's all together.

The last few bits for my headlight arrived super quick. I got the headlights back together and here it is...

Yeah, it lines up terrible. I didn't realize just how bent my radiator support was. If you look in one of the pics on last post you can see the passenger side is 'twisted' a bit. After inspecting it it's clear it was in a small crash on that side at some point in time. Bit of a bummer, but could be worse. For now I think the car is gonna get put on hold, I'd like to fix this before doing anything else. But it's my daily so I can't really dig into a project ya know. I have an wrx that I'm going to get running to drive while I fix the leggy. Hopefully I can get it straightened out soon.

Any advice?

Here is a decent photo of the car (finally)

Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassO.G.5000 Experience Points
    Looking good :P your making things hard for me, I can't decide if I want to paint my lights or just leave them alone

Jelly of the limited bumper
    1999 Legacy GT Wagon 5SPD (Stella)" Race Wagon"
    V7 STI Drivetrain, STI 6MT, R180, Brembos, JDM EJ205 "Big port AVCS", Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers, a lot of JDM Parts and much much more...
    2006 Legacy 2.5i Wagon A/T SWP SE "Slow Wagon" 20% Tint, JDM Tails, JDM Rear Fog, GT Leather
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1998 Legacy L Wagon
    @TylerHartman on Instagram
    http://www.facebook.com/hartman.tyler
    Thanks Tyler

Thanks! Your lights are so clean. It would almost be a shame to tamper with them.

I know right