Thread: BG5 JDM parts to sell now that postal wagon as been sold

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

BG5 JDM parts to sell now that postal wagon as been sold

Hey guys! I sold the wagon a few weeks ago to someone local here in Houston. With a new house, a 15 month-old child and a full-time job, I just didn't have the time for it. We're living in the city now, where space is pretty tight, and having the wagon meant Jarrett couldn't bring any of his project cars down. So the decision was made to sell it. It went to a guy whose Instagram handle is bubaru, and he plans to do lots of stuff to it once he gets some of his other Subarus sorted.

Anyway, here's what I have available for sale. My DSLR is dead right now, so the current pictures of the headlights will have to suffice. But I will get better ones in a couple of days when my new battery and charger come via Amazon Prime. Just be patient, please! I can take new cell phone images of them, but I know finicky these plastic lenses can be in photos, so I want to represent them honestly.

JDM BG5 foglights with intersection light relay - SOLD

These are in great condition, and have been slightly modified with the addition of 9006 connectors on the intersection light portion of the bulb. This will make creating a harness for these pretty simple as these connectors are everywhere. The intersection relay is a universal model I got off of eBay a couple of years ago. It has a Molex connector on it, but I would recommend at least an 8-pin GM Weatherpack, or something. It has descriptions of the pin locations written on the relay for you to wire it up correctly. We never actually tested it, though. They have also had Morimoto 3000K HID bulbs installed, and the wiring brought through a grommet as seen in the picture.

JDM BG5 1-piece projector headlights with Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projectors - SOLD

These headlights have been retrofitted to Morimoto FX-R 3.0 projectors using the sl-i.net group buy CNC-cut adapter brackets. I have not resealed them because I never had a chance to aim them properly. I will leave them unsealed so that whoever purchases them has a chance to do that to their vehicle's ride height. The headlights were around $250, the projectors were $110, the bracket was $35 and the various connectors grommets, wiring, and adapters were probably another $25. That means there was a lot of money tied up in trying to do these to the best of my ability. The connectors are either 9006 or AMP to facilitate using an aftermarket HID kit. These are not made to be plug and play to your OEM wiring. You'll need an HID relay harness, as well as two ballasts.

Here is the bi-xenon wiring, and AMP adapter wiring exiting the rear cover. Took the time to do this right.

Similar treatment for the high beams with the 9006 connectors.

You can see the aluminum bracket behind the projector here.

JDM BG5 (and any other 2nd gen chassis code) white sidemarkers - $35 shipped

JDM BH5 aluminum door sills - $80 plus shipping

As you can see, there's a rust spot on one of them, but perhaps some Brasso will fix it. I don't know if it's brass, or just a plating, so I'm not going to mess with it. Other than that one, they all look great!

'02-'07 WRX Koni Yellow inserts w/H&R Sport springs and powdercoated strut housings.

These are brand new Koni Yellow inserts and H&R Sport springs for an '02-'07 Impreza/WRX. These will also fit plenty of other Impreza models, as well as the Legacy. They will even fit Outbacks, Outback Sports and Foresters, as long as you're okay with some of the other things you'll need to do to lower those cars this drastically. The only caveat is that your car will need to have struts at all four corners with 5x100 knuckles.

Instead of installing the inserts into the factory black strut housings, I bought a few spare sets and had them powder coated yellow. That way, the yellow Koni strut insert had a nice, pretty housing to slide into. Purely aesthetic and show-offy, but I'll own it. One pair of strut housings was cut too short, but I have a few spares. I even have another pair that weren't powder coated that can go with the sale, as well. I have a swatch for yellow powder that most closely matches the Konis if you did want to get the other pair of housings coated to match.

In addition to the unused strut inserts and springs, I also have a few different sets of dust boots, top hats, bump stops and all hardware. Basically 8 struts worth of hardware. This will allow you to fully build these to an OEM-level before installing them.

I also have new Koni stickers purchased directly from Koni to put on the strut housings when you're happy with them. You will have Konis like I've never seen on another Subaru at that point. Truly one of a kind.

I spent $720 on the inserts and springs
    About $150 buying blown struts to cut up
    $160 on the powder coating
    $36 on the stickers
    $1,066 in total.

I've got quite a bit invested in these. They won't slam your car to the ground, but they will offer a great-handling street/track setup with good daily manners.

I want $700 plus shipping for everything. The extra strut housings are free, minus the difference in shipping.

Last edited by Michelle; 11-20-2018 at 09:19 PM.

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Hi: I will take the side markers, just send me paypal information by pm.
    thanks,
    jm
    I found some more local:
    thanks anyway,
    jm
    Last edited by 2002jm; 11-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

PM'd

Pm'd you again, not sure if there working.

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Sidemarkers removed and headlights/foglights sold to Panda_Legacy!