Thread: New first gen owner in PA

New first gen owner in PA

Hi ya'll. Currently have a 2013 WRX in the garage and came into a new Subaru to add to my fleet of rides, an automatic(only bad part sorta) 1994 Legacy Sport, I've had my eye on that a friend of mine had in high school (circa 2000-2005 she got it).

It finally bit the dust in terms of her keeping it as her daily. It's spewing oil out of the timing cover and needs ball joints and at that age she just wasn't putting more money into it. It's got 123k on the clock and is in really darn good shape. I picked it up for a couple hundred bucks (basically matched scrap price she was offered and a few extra bucks for holding it for me).

I joined the forum to learn more about the older Subaru's and see parts compatibility and share my progress. I don't really intend to even rip into the oil leak until mid January as I've got a stack of parts to put on the WRX and some truck work to do before I tinker with this. With any luck cam seals, a fresh oil pump and probably deal with timing replacement gear while i'm in there anyway will take care of the primary issue.

I did pick up a 2.5RS bumper to see if I can make it work as I've read on a few forums some people have managed to make it work. I am skeptical but I only paid a case of beer for the bumper. The short term plans are a full clean and maintenance of all fluids and whiteline sway bars. The car may see some clearing car work for regional stage rally's and possible STPR.

If anyone knows of anyone who has used the old (I seen references but no good links for it anymore with age...) method of using a B&M ratchet shifter and disabling the TCU that can walk me through parts and modifications to make it work please let me know . This is just for fun factor

Hope to enjoy my time with this car and on this forum.

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    O.G.5000 Experience Points
    Always a fan of the first gen. leggys! Have you check out (our sister forum) legacycentralbbs yet?
    Legacys are like potato chips-You can't stop at just one!

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassO.G.
    Welcome to the forum, fellow PAer! That legacy is in amazing shape for being up here in the rusty northeast. It may not be exactly what you wanted, but doing the power mode mod may help you
    -Rick
    1998 Outback-Lift kit, plasti dip camo tan, 03 WRX calipers, slotted rotors, header, high flow cat, custom 2 1/4 catback, vibrant muffler, fresh rebuilt .020 over EJ25D w/ 251 block, strut tower bar, etc...
    04 35th anniversary H-6 Outback-Dynomax VT Muffler, power mode mod, not much else......yet!
    85 V65 Magna
    86 'Zuki Quadsport-fun machine

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Welcome!
    '95 Subaru Legacy BG4 EJ2.0E MT EDM (Sold)
    '96 Subaru Legacy BD5 EJ2.5D AT USDM (Sold)
    '95 Subaru Legacy BG5 EJ2.0H Single-turbo GT-B Limited JDM 5spd AT (Sold) [RE-BOUGHT]
    '00 Subaru Legacy BE5 EJ208 Twin-turbo MT JDM(Sold)
    '99 Subaru Legacy BH5 EJ206 Single-turbo AT JDM(Sold)
    '03 Subaru Legacy BP5 EJ20Y AT Twinscroll turbo JDM(Sold)