Thread: Replacing injectors

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 1

Replacing injectors

Hi I’m new to this site and I am needing to replace my injectors cause my 2nd cylinder has a misfire code popping up and I want to just do all 4 while I am in there... but I have no clue how to do it or where I should buy new new injectors

Level
    Good on you for wanting to do it yourself!

Bear in mind, I've not replaced my own injectors, so I'm just here as cheering section and to at least offer up what I've done previously as I ventured deeper into automotive repair and maintenance.

How to do it: youTube. I'd recommend watching few different vids on it, as some of the guys in vids are complete hacks. When you see it, you'll know. Otherwise, I'd expect you'll find some decent threads here, at NASIOC.com, or whatever other Subie sites are out there.

Where to get the parts: I get a fair bit of my stuff through Autozone.com. Just add your vehicle to the "my vehicles" list, and your search for "fuel injectors" will take you straight to whatever injectors they have for your car.

Take pics as you go, and create your own "how-to" thread here.

Good luck!
    - Eric
    '98 GT 5MT Radio Flyer Wagon, with a JDM EJ205 w/AVCS sitting on the floor of the garage next to it.

New User
    Level
    So I replaced the injectors, spark plugs, wires and I am still getting a #2 misfire... But the weird thing is that the check Engine light comes on and flashes but then after driving for a little bit it goes off but comes back on shortly after… Can someone please help what my next step should be??

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    O.G.5000 Experience Points
    My car did the same thing-had to go to the "way back" machine-aka-my time at a VW dealership-the coil needs to be replaced-I had a P0302 and the flashing CEL under load-plug/wires/coil fixed it-glad I didn't need the injectors-I did have that issue on my '91-blew smoke out the tail pipe.
    Legacys are like potato chips-You can't stop at just one!