Been a while since i did an update for here, so here we go

After stripping another 2 sets of brake lines at the wreckers i started looking at other models that might fit as id run out of gen 2s to pull from. Luckly the GC parts bin continues as i finally managed to get some lines out of a car. Can only assume the car having 200k instead of 400k and not having to dig the fittings out first was the secret. So

1" Master Cylinder
Non abs proper valve
Non abs brake lines

oh and the clutch master with GC8 hardline that goes directly to the slave instead of up into the strut tower. The engine bay is pretty close to complete now as anything else i add will need to come out for the engine to go in.

Next job was getting the rear diff and outrigger in. I picked some Kartboy outrigger bushes for cheap off facebook. (opted for the comfort version rather than virbrating my spine loose)

Dug out the outrigger and brakets. Was nice and dirty

Quick rattle can refurb has it looking nice again

New hardware of course

Was a pain in the bum to do by myself but got it in eventually

With that sorted I dug out the diff for a similar treatment. Painted the bearing retainers and rear cover a fresh alloy silver. Had to do one retainer at a time so as to not get them mixed up as they affect preload or something like that

New axle seals, orings and a group n moustache bar

Doneskies

and installed

Now with the rear end all done and waiting for money to get new gearbox sensors/wheel bearings etc i can only really do interior stuff for now. So i stuck the dash back in!

Decided to reloom it with a stock loom from another dash i had in stock as my sedan dash loom had been spliced into 1 too many times for my liking

I also ran a large 4 Gauge wire into behind the radio area where i will run a proper fused distribution block for a sub/amp/gauges rather than tapping into various dash wires.

- - - Updated - - -

Another large milestone for the car is done. The 6 speed is in!

My brothers came around yesterday and gave me a hand refreshing the crossmember and hoisting it into the car. Was a pretty smooth process with 3 people and 2 jacks. One jack under the front drain plug and another under the crossmember to get it into the tunnel, then someone lifts the bellhousing onto the crossmember while you roll the box forward and up to line up the mounts with the body. Thankfully none of the bolts stripped or snapped any captive nuts. All went in perfect.

I also replaced both the reverse and neutral switches as theyre basically impossible to do in the car and the gen 4 neutral switch reads opposite to the early ecus which makes them act funny. I decided against changing the front axle seals and o-rings as they werent leaking and i didnt really feel like dealing with the sun dials. But ive got everything on hand if they do leak in the future and its doable in the car.

Box went in with the following goodies

GDB Crossmember
GDB Group N mount
Whiteline crossmember bushes
HEL braided clutch line

It was then my fun job of putting the shifter in. I really should have had it on the box when it went in but oh well. After fiddling trying to get a bolt into the uni joint over the top of the centre diff housing i found the head of the bolt didnt fit past a casting. After a few good swear words i found a smaller headed botl and if i put the box into 2nd the fork would angle up and i could slip the bolt in. Winner. The rest was easy. Even the Kartboy rear stay which usually dont fit nice in a gen 2 fit like a bought one.

The underbody coating i applied to the tunnel however gets a bit sticky and soft in 35 degree heat so i came out with my arms covered in basically tar but I shouldnt have to go back in there lol.

Included goodies on the shifter:

Kartboy/Cobb bushes in the joints
Kartboy rear stay
Billetworkz reverse lockout
OEM STi knob

Of course i sat in the car making noises and snapping second. Its a legal requirement. Shifter feels awesome with all the harder bushes. Inb4 it rattles my brains loose