Finally had some time with decent weather and the motivation to lie on the driveway for an afternoon to get stuck in.

The previous owner in prep for a race fridge converted the fuel line bulkhead in the firewall to AN fittings. He wanted some coin for the setup and it was a bit much for my needs to i was left with some cut hardlines. Thankfully there was another mint set in the pile of bits that came with the car. Unfortunately replacing them meant pulling the tank. Seeing as i was replacing the rear crossmember for a GD one a few extra bolts wasnt much extra work.

Filthy upskirt shot

Pesant spec gc8/gen 2 rear subframe

The FWD rear stuff to get the car rolling was gross and went straight into the bin

Tank out and claned up somewhat. This dirt is so ingrained it withstands being hosed off.

Glorious GD subframe with better geometry mounts getting a bath. This frame has clearly copped a few busted CV boots as theres patches of dirt/greasy mess that withstands a wire brush. Will take it to the car wash and blast the shit out of it

Also gave the filler neck a lick of black paint.

Thats it for now. Ill be replacing the rubber lines on top of the tank with new E85 safe stuff cos why not.