Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barbbachello's New Money Pit 98 RX Wagon

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    So this arrived

Swapped it on in place of the Garrett stock cover. Thankfully it fits straight on and isnt for one of the smaller compressor wheel versions HKS made

Added benefit of being a bit smaller physically so heaps of manifold clearance

Level
    Achievements:
    Another updoot.

So the rubber line under the car idea was just as annoying as replacing the hardline in the car, so

Completely blocked. Cant even blow through it. Pulled the feed line from my sedan. Yes i made sure it wasnt also blocked. Can easily blow through it and flushed it with brake cleaner as well.

Got back to this stage after a few hours work. Almost like ive done this a few times

Not sure if i mentioned it earlier but my BG specific HKS Super Dragger muffler finally arrived. This cunt is huge

Gave the tip a quick polish

Amazingly it looks like it should bolt up to a stock 25D midpipe. Assumed a TT legacy pipe would be a bit larger

Also cut up a stock 6 speed shift knob for the reverse lockout trim piece and glued it onto my HKS knob to hide the thread left to allow the reverse collar to slide up. I plasti dipped the silver part black for efame

Level
    Achievements:
    4 day weekend = things getting did

First on the list was getting my shed sorted out. Lots of little jobs means tools and shit gets left all over the place when each little job is done. My shed ended up like a dump. Shit everywhere. Supercheap had a ripper sale of 2 350kg shelves for $130. Considering 1 shelf is $150 its a no brainer. So sorted out all my shit. All of it. Threw out all the useless shit ill never need. Like auto starters (why i have these is beyond me) and the 4 different crank pulleys. Filled 2 whole bins about 3 storage tubs of just junk. Results speak for itself

Put my cool stuff on 1 shelf

Back to cars and parts.

Hub rings finally arrived from Japan. Had to get rays branded ones as I couldnt find any ebay ones for the life of me

Managed to score a shifter surround with mint flocking in the glasses pocket for $9 at pick a part

Chopped the ISO plugs out of the stereo adapter to make it 100x neater

and put the dash back together for the 50th time

Now the real meat and potatoes. 6 speed is out. What a cunt of a job. Such a big heavy cunt just makes everything hard to deal with. Anyway bellhousing off and packaged up to get shipped to Rising Sun Subaru for a speedo drive

Level
    Achievements:
    After rerouting all of the fusebox area loom so i could get the drivers kick panel on, finally connecting my steering rack to the column and putting the panel below the steering wheel on. I have this

My column shroud has gone walkabout so need a new one of those. Working on getting an OEM ashtray delete pocket from the US and the shifter is obviously on the floor with the gearbox. Happy with the rest but.

Also group n STi exhaust hangers cos why not and proper length pull type STi clutch line

Level
    Achievements:
    Still waiting on my bellhousing to come back so doing the million other odd jobs that need doing. Starting with a battery tray, which was removed from the wheel tub area by the previous owner. Not ideal but hey $500 gen 2 lol

The solution:
    A Jaycar battery tray cut down to fit

and some rivnuts. Job done

The 3rd hole was also going to be used but i didnt realise how far into the frame rail the reo goes lmao. Will pull it out and cut it down a bit one day (probably wont)

Also after being informed the alloy trim rings on momo airbags are removable from behind I bought a black ring airbag from Yahoo. Was hoping to get it air freighted as it has no charge but apparently the Post Office still doesn't like that. Understandably, so container freight and 6 weeks it is

What do they do to fit a speedo gear into a 6mt? I was able to retrofit a gear into an 05 LGT trans without too much difficulty. Everything just dropped in.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggone.doglegs View Post
    What do they do to fit a speedo gear into a 6mt? I was able to retrofit a gear into an 05 LGT trans without too much difficulty. Everything just dropped in.
    A few things. Drill a hole for the sensor, add the geared drive into the case, add the gear onto the front diff (my diff had to be machined to accept this gear as well)

Got it back yesterday though

Level
    Achievements:
    Remember how a bought that black airbag from japan?

>B4 comes into pick a part a week later

Just my luck. Anyway headed on over and luckily no one had taken the airbag and the ring was in perfect condition. Pulled the airbag out and indeed the rings are screwed in. They sandwich the badge which is glued on

While I was in the area I helped Joss get remove a gen 4 6 speed from a lucky pick a part score like mine as well. Also got a speedo drive

When i eventually got home having some practice on the B4 wheel had no issues pulling the airbag from the 401 wheel

and swapping over the ring. The difference is huge

before

after

1000% better

Then got under the car and put the bellhousing back on

Wasnt the most fun doing it under the car but didnt want to pull the box out as its a pain to get out from under there

Also put a new donut gasket on the dump pipe thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12