Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XRAYSPECS - 2002 - BE - L - Upgrade Everything

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Well went to get lunch on saturday, nice day out and while waiting in the drive through noticed "im in danger"

Temps came right back down as soon as i kicked the heat on max and stayed average while the car was moving, so took it easy on the way home.

Let it all cool down then got underneath too see if something was leaking, water pump/radiator/hose/heads/etc. to find it all looked okay no build up/crust that would suggest a leak, except the rad cap looked like the heat cycling from the road trip killed it.

One radiator cap later from the lps and looks like the problem is solved. hopefully no need for more work anytime soon.

cars are stupid.

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    I think that's what caused my 3.0 to pop it's head gasket. Got way too hot on a long drive and it's never been right since. But you seem to have caught it far sooner than I did, so here's wishing you luck.
    2002 Outback H6 VDC "Blitzen 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster6
    A sherpa could rip ass somewhere high up in the Himalayas and my Prius will be blown almost off of the road.

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 1
    One week of freeway driving in the 80s and 90's and the gauge never moves above middle so I think I got lucky. TBH the cars one email from copart with a donor away from getting a spicy powerplant.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234