View Poll Results: If you had the money and a choice of the following which car would you get?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2005 SUBARU STI

11 35.48%
  • 1989 NISSAN SKYLINE GTR

9 29.03%
  • 1994 MAZDA RX-7 TT

4 12.90%
  • 1996 TOYOTA SUPRA TT

7 22.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF YOU HAD THE MONEY (WHICH CAR)...

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by subyluvr2212
    I voted for the Subaru, but not necessarily because I'm a Subaru nerd.
    Lies!
    ~Mark [SLi Admin]
    2015 Dodge Charger AWD
    2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited, 7 passenger w/ Navigation

Former vehicles:
    03 Forester
    95 Legacy Outback

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunchBox04V
    Yeah, I was sure that I heard something about the new R35 (or whatever they are going to call it) in '08, or '09. Also, if I remember correctly, you could get into a GTS-t from Motorex (Out of Business now) for 5k to 9k, and then get it DOT Cert'ed for like 10k. I just remember that it was like 15k-20k to get one. Granted, it was not a GTR, Vspec or anything, but still rare, and a head turner.

Yes, The R35 which is nothing more then a 350Z "on Speed" with a few body changes... I dislike the way they look so I'm not interested in paying 60k for something I don't like! but it is to be releasted in mid to late 08' that's what they say anyways... in my opinion, anyone that buys that car has way too much money and are just stupid for spending that much for a "super" 350Z.... you could buy a 350z for around 25k now.... spend about 10k and make it and AWD TT, why would you spend double that for it??

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    Quote Originally Posted by importtund
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffer
    If you drive it over from Canada...
    Well from canada you can probably pick one up for 20,000 and up...
    but expect it to have been raced more then you could imagine, you see people inport these cars to canada for the same reason you or I would, if it's been imported already it's been put well through it's paces, probably very highly modified and most have upward of 100,000 miles on them already which is why their being sold.
    You're not thinking.

Canada can import the Skyline much easier than the US. But once it's in Canada, it's easy to get it into the US.

So, you have a Canuck importer bring in a fresh import, and then drive it across the border and have it re-registered.

NHTSA is so stringent on the importation of vehicles (again protecting the unions from international competition) that you'd need to have at least 10 of each model skyline crash-tested before it would be certified to import.
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 04 LL Bean H6 Wagon - TANK
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired
    USDM 07 Honda Odyssey - Mrs Huffer;
    Live Like No One Else - Debt Free

Level
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Quote Originally Posted by importtund
    If you drive it over from Canada...
    Well from canada you can probably pick one up for 20,000 and up...
    but expect it to have been raced more then you could imagine, you see people inport these cars to canada for the same reason you or I would, if it's been imported already it's been put well through it's paces, probably very highly modified and most have upward of 100,000 miles on them already which is why their being sold.
    You're not thinking.

Canada can import the Skyline much easier than the US. But once it's in Canada, it's easy to get it into the US.

So, you have a Canuck importer bring in a fresh import, and then drive it across the border and have it re-registered.

NHTSA is so stringent on the importation of vehicles (again protecting the unions from international competition) that you'd need to have at least 10 of each model skyline crash-tested before it would be certified to import.

Trust me I have done my research and the car is going (through) Canada but is not being bought in Canada.... once it gets to Canada it will be delievered to my house Via 18 wheeler..then reregistered...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12