View Poll Results: If you could do something and KNOW you'd improve your job/work, would you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I could really use the promotion/money/etc.

11 42.31%
  • Yes, it would make my job eleventy billion times easier to deal with

4 15.38%
  • Maybe... I'd still be afraid of being even worse off than I am now

1 3.85%
  • No... I just go to work to do my job and go home (no opportunities for me please)

5 19.23%
  • No way... it's too late. I'm already looking to work someplace else

5 19.23%

Thread: How strongly do you feel about your job?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

How strongly do you feel about your job?

I'm thankful to be employed every day. The "supposed" job security that jobs seem to have is never truly guaranteed forever.

I know everyone has bad days/weeks (or even bad months) at work. That being said, would you really like your job if certain things improved? (By the way, don't answer money - we all know we could use more of that )

Are there things that you just wish would happen at your job?
    2010 Red Impreza 2.5i hatchback - SOLD
    (Still driving a Subaru now, though)

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Since all of these old OT threads are coming back to life...
    I drive semi, I have a Class A CDL and endorsements for everything available and a good driving record, I can literally make a phone call to any one of about 1000 trucking companies around here and have a new job the same day.

That being said, the only thing lacking where I am now is benifits, which is in the works as my employer is quite a small company and trying to set up a benifits package that is actually cost effective. My only supervisor is the owner of the company. The only thing I plan on doing at this point is taking some diesel tech. classes and getting an AAS in supply chain management and moving into more administrative work as the company expands.

And I should add that our main offices/warehouse/termimal is about a 5 minute drive/ 10 minute walk from home. Cant complain about that!

Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    My job is ok for what it is. I probably get paid more than I should considering I never finished a year of college, but in the end it is just a job and not a career. Surely there's things I'd change to not only make my job easier/more streamlined, but I think I could make more of a difference managing other parts/departments of the company. I work behind the scenes, and quite honestly the customer facing employees are absolute shit. They aren't managed properly at all, since the management teams seem to not care anymore than the phone jockeys.