Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLI Cooking Thread!

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

SLI Cooking Thread!

Alright everyone, post your favourite recipes here!

PLEASE try to include pictures. Ingredients and instructions are of course a must.

Level
    Achievements:
    Funeral Potatoes

I needed to make something for a potluck we were having so I decided to try out these potatoes from this thread
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1299692

I modified the recipe a bit because I used real potatoes

- 15 2" diameter potatoes
    - 400ml sour cream
    - 1 can (280ml) cream of chicken soup
    - 1/2 cup butter
    - 1/2 onion (diced)
    - 2 cups cheese
    - salt and peper

The picture shows two cans, but you only need one. I was going to put two in but the stuff smelled nasty.

I had never boiled potatoes before. Word to the wise, peel them first it will save you a bit of mess.

Boil for about 15-20 minutes or until you can easily stick a knife through them.
    Drain the pot and put the potatoes into something you can stick in the oven. Mash the potatoes while adding in all the ingredients above. put some extra cheese on the top when done. Stick in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 to heat it all up.

I don't have a picture of the final product cause it was eaten shortly after!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog
    Thought some of you might appreciate what I made the other day.

Supplies you'll need:
    frying pan -- big as possible
    tortillas -- to fit the size of your frying pan
    shredded cheeses -- I used yellow cheddar and some mozzarella I had from another project
    mexican spices -- I used some cayenne pepper and regular pepper
    pulled bbq -- I used my homemade pulled chicken breast bbq with Sweet Baby Rays original bbq sauce

First, turn on the stovetop and put your frying pan on. Toss a tortilla in there. Spread whatever cheese you chose around the tortilla in a thin layer. Leave .5 to 1 inch around the edges, as the cheese can melt out the edges a lot when it's cooking. So far this is what you've got:

Now, put on the bbq and your spices. I just kind of eyeballed it, but think as thin as possible while keeping even coverage. You don't need to worry about space around the edges. You're now here:

Now comes the cheese to hold on the top. Mirror your cheese strategy from before, on top of the bbq.

Now, put a second tortilla on, and voila!

You'll want to flip it a couple different times, but don't be shy on letting it cook. It won't burn easily, and you want the cheese to be melted enough to keep it together before the first flip, or you'll risk disaster. You may be able to circumvent this delay by using a second pan to flip, but I don't have more than one so try it at your own risk. Enjoy!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason
    DIY cooking thread would be interesting.
    Thanks to Sheepdog for starting the new cooking/baking trend on SL-i

Everyone should know about Mrs. Field’s cookies and how great they taste. However, they are quite expensive and who knows how many preservatives and other crap they put in those cookies to make them last how long they last sealed up in those air tight packages.

If you’re a cookie fanatic like me, then today I will teach you how to make Mrs. Field’s cookies that are crunchy on the outside but soft, moist, and chewy on in the inside. You will need the following:

Two Large mixing bowls
    Measuring cup
    Measuring spoons
    An Oven
    Two Large cookie trays
    Ungreased cookie sheets (for the trays)

Ingredients
    1 cup Softened Unsalted Butter
    ½ cup Granulated White Sugar
    1½ cups Packed Brown Sugar
    2 eggs/egg replacer
    2½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
    2½ cups All-Purpose White Flour
    ¾ teaspoon Salt
    1 teaspoon Baking Powder
    1 teaspoon Baking Soda
    530g Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
    2. In one of your large mixing bowls; cream together the butter, sugars (white and brown), eggs, and vanilla extract.

3. Make sure you mix everything together nicely, do not forget to leave the butter and brown sugar chunks unmixed.

4. In the other large bowl; mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
    5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients using your hands. Wash them first!
    6. Add the chocolate chips.

NOTE: The cookie dough should look more softer than the one in the picture below. I took this picture too soon, it should feel a little wet and sticky.

7. To get the proper size, I’d scoop two tablespoons of cookie dough into my hand and throw it back and forth between my hands to make a round ball. Rolling it between your palms will not work.
    8. Place your cookie balls 2” apart from each other and squish them down slightly so they are flattened a little.

9. Bake for 9 – 10 minutes. DO NOT bake for longer or else they will turn into hard crunchy cookies. Even after 9 – 10 minutes they don’t look fully baked but remember, even when you remove them they are still baking. Let them cool and enjoy.
    10. This makes about 40 cookies.

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    Reserved for Mexican Beef Stew. I'll be making it next week so I can grab some pics.
    1996 Legacy L wagon
    xbox gamer tag: Krautastic

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    O.G.10000 Experience Points
    Mrs. Provonshe sauce
    Salmon Marinade/Bast

1/4 lb Butter (1 stick) Melted
    2 tbl sp Soy
    1 table sp Mustard
    Dash of Worshire(sp)
    Dash of Ketchup
    Minced garlic to taste

Mix up and bast on salmon while it is being grilled.

We usually section some out to put over rice.
    2013 Outback Ltd.
    2000 Legacy GT Ltd.
    1997 Legacy Outback Wagon R.I.P.

"Run Smooth Run Beautiful"

Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I want some cookies, but I can't drive right now. Aftershock ftw wpopt!
    John Perdue
    1998 Subaru Legacy GT
    2004 Subaru Outback
    2013 Ford F-150

Needs to update their Email!
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

sounds gross, but it's not bad

I just got a new apartment and had to actually start cooking so i found a recipe online for cabbage soup, doesn't sound that appetizing but it actually turned out really good. I put in 1/2 head of cabbage, an onion, crapload of carrots, green peppers, 12 cups of water, some onion soup mix, a can of diced tomatoes and then seasoned the crap out it with chili poweder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, pepper...it's vegetarian friendly and really homey. well that's really all i've cooked so far, i'll post more when i get some more pots and pans, lol.
    just along for the ride

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    Somebody give me some tasty reasons why I shouldn't unsticky this thread.

Please, I love good food.
    ~Mark [SLi Admin]
    2015 Dodge Charger AWD
    2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited, 7 passenger w/ Navigation

Former vehicles:
    03 Forester
    95 Legacy Outback

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    +1 on the sticky...might also convince people to add more as well!
    --99 Legacy GT Limited Edt. (Silver ! )

99 Subaru Legacy FSM Download:
    http://tinyurl.com/2u8cbx

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    How about a drink thread? 5 parts vodka, 1 part oj :-)
    '03 Silverstone L-SE - sold
    '07 Diamond Grey Metallic Spec. B

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?r ... d=72101191

KCCO

Level
    Achievements:
    Chocolate macaroons, I love these things.

2 cups white sugar
    1/2 cup butter
    1 cup coconut
    1/2 cup milk
    3 cups oatmeal
    7 tsp cocoa

in a pot on top of the stove melt the butter and cocoa, then add milk and sugar. Bring that to a boil with medium heat for at least 2 minutes (or they wont solidify later). Stir in the coconut and oatmeal.

Take a spoon and make cookie sized drops onto wax paper or a cookie sheet and leave to cool. Don't put them in the fridge or they wont dry out.

Once they are somewhat hard they are ready to eat!

Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:

Easy One - Hawaiian Pork

Similar to Kalua Pork, but not the same. This is best prepared in the morning before going to work.

You need:
    - Crockpot
    - 4-6 pd Pork Butt (remove bone - optional)
    - Hawaiian Salt (Sea Salt will work too)
    - 2 cups water
    - Cabbage (optional)

Rub pork liberally with Hawaiian Salt, Pour water in Crockpot. Add pork. Set on High for 6 HOURS. Turn over halfway through if you want. After cooking cycle is compete, remove pork. The leftover water should retain most of the fat. Discard the water.

If you want to eat with cabbage, cook cabbage as desired. I simply pan cook it with some kosher salt and some black pepper, and eat it on the side. It can be mixed with the shredded pork if you are looking for the 'Hawaiian' taste.

The pork will now be falling apart. You can shred it using a fork, or just cut pieces off. It can be eaten straight up, I eat it with rice on the side. I take leftovers and add BBQ sauce for a shredded pork BBQ sandwich on a roll.

You can play with the amount of seasoning, but if you use Hawaiian Salt, and it is not as salty as you like after cooking, do NOT add more. Hawaiian Salt has large granules, and is good for cooking, but not seasoning afterwards. Use regular table salt if necessary.

This recipe is 'fire and forget' and nothing beats coming home hungry to the smell. The use of leftovers and the economics of this recipe make it one of my favorites.
    99 Legacy L Wagon 30th Anniversary

Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by shazapple
    Holy shit so I'm not the only one who had those huge white salt and pepper shakers! I remember those from when I was a wee one!

/weird reminiscing rant
    -Rob
    Project: Black/Black '05 UA6 Acura TL 6spd | Injen Cold Air | A Spec Front Lip | Yellow Fogs
    Daily Driver: Black/Black '01 BE6 2.5GT Limited 5spd | '03 Front bumper | JDM Heads, Tails, Fogs | Bilsteins w/ H&R Sports | JDM WRX Trans w/ ACT | B4 17's
    Past: Black/Black '99 BD6 2.5GT Limited 5spd | JDM Heads, Tails, Fogs | WR Limited Gold 18" Spec-B's | JDM GDA WRX Seats F&R | JDM WRX Wheel
    SONAX Car Care Products, Automotive Tools & Supplies Vendor

New User
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsO.G.
    I absolutely love cooking/baking and I found this Snickerdoodles recipe that my friends LOVE!

1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup shortening ***or just 1 c of butter***
    1 1/2 cups white sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3 T sugar
    3 t Cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla.
    In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
    Add the dry ingredients slowly to the creamed butter/wet ingredients. Mix well.
    Roll dough into balls- mine are usually about an inch wide.
    Mix the 3 T sugar and 3 t cinnamon together in a bowl or Ziploc bag. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
    Keep an eye on these- they will not look done when you pull them out. I would not keep them in more than 8 minutes- I pull them out at 8 minutes, wait for them to settle a minute on the sheet, and then put them on a drying rack. They will be a little crisp on the outside but chewy and soft on the inside.

Good luck and good eats. :-)

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Perdue's Shrimp Fried Rice

Now that I'm in class for my paramedic and working full time trying to keep the bills paid, I'm pressed for time. Cooking for myself is easy, but when it comes to cooking for a group of friends or a significant other, tv dinners and hot pockets just doesn't cut it. This is one of my go-to meals for entertaining here, or just cooking for the guys down at the station. Prep time is about 15 minutes, and cooking time is even less. Best yet, it costs very little to make.

Ingredients
    • 4 CUPS Cooked and Chilled Rice
      4-5OZ Salad Sized Shrimp
      1/4 CUP Frozen Raw Peas
      1/4 CUP Chopped Onion
      1/4 CUP Chopped Carrot
      3 Large Eggs
      1 TBSP Salt
      1 TBSP Sugar
      1 TBSP Garlic Powder
      2 TBSP Vegetable Oil

1. Start with a wok or large, deep skillet over high heat. I don't have a wok and it wouldn't work well with an electric stove anyways, so a large, deep skillet it is. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and allow it to get hot.

2. Add the onion and carrots to the pan. Stir the pan constantly, cooking for about a minute before continuing.

3. Add the frozen peas. Some say that this isn't traditional, but hey, it's cheap and it adds a bright splash of color to the dish. Most people "eat" with their eyes, so this is important. Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes.

4. Move all of the veggies to one side of your pan or wok. Crack the three eggs into the bare side of the pan and start mixing. Work quickly, as egg will burn easily at these temps. Keep mixing the egg into the vegetables and make sure to keep any large clumps from forming. If they do, just use the spatula to cut them apart.

5. Once the egg is cooked, add the shrimp. I'm using pre-peeled/devained/detailed salad sized shrimp that come frozen in a 1lb bag at my local grocery store. If you do the same, be sure to thaw them well before using them. Otherwise you'll end up with shrimp that are still cold, if not still frozen, on the inside. Since these are even pre-cooked, you just have to stir them in and allow them a minute or so to get warm.

On a side note, you can do this with pretty much any meat. Shrimp, steak, chicken, pork. A leftover chicken breast, pork chop, or steak will go a long way in this meal if you cube it small. Pre-cooked stuff is best if adding it at this point, as it only needs to be warmed. Cooking the meat at this point as well will allow the veggies to get too soft and soggy, which will ruin fried rice, IMO. Shrimp doesn't work well for leftovers just so you know. Once it sits in the refrigerator and gets rewarmed, the shrimp seem to get tough and dry out. If you're using shrimp, serve it fresh out of the pan, not out of the fridge.

6. When the shrimp are warmed through, you can add your rice. Dump the entire bowl on top of the other ingredients in the pan and immediately start flipping the ingredients over. You don't want those shrimp and the egg to stay on the bottom of the pan for long, as they'll overcook and burn.

I'm using whole grain brown rice since it's a little healthier for you. This I cooked earlier this morning alongside my breakfast. Cooking the rice ahead of time allows you to break up clumps with your hands before adding it to the pan. Clumps of rice are bad for this stuff, so be sure it's broken up. You can use whatever rice...we've even been known to go down to the Chinese restaurant and get a couple things of white rice and throw that in the fridge for a couple hours if we're in a pinch (if you only knew how much sense that makes lol).

7. Once the rice is throughly stirred into the other ingredients, add your spices. It's easiest to get everything evenly distributed if you just sprinkle everything over the top of the rice, then stir it all in. Once everything is stirred together, continue to stir the mixture for 3-4 minutes to make sure everything is good and hot, then remove the pan from the heat and serve.

Some people will also add soy sauce at this point. I don't because while I like some soy sauce with my rice, others don't. Some like so much it will turn the stuff dark brown (don't do this...way too much salt!). I figure it's best to just let everyone add their own amount at the table. Also, some people recommend using 2TBSP of sugar with this much rice. I, and most of the people I've cooked for, feel like it makes the dish too sweet, especially if you are using an overly sweetened soy sauce. Play with the spices a little and see what you like.

This will easily serve four people when served with a side. Tonight, I served it with some chicken and lemongrass spring rolls from my local grocery store's frozen food isle. The freshness of the lemongrass seems to REALLY compliment the fried rice. A little bit of spicy sesame dipping sauce to the side and you will have a meal that will have your guests going, "Who taught you to cook like this??" Enjoy!
    John Perdue
    1998 Subaru Legacy GT
    2004 Subaru Outback
    2013 Ford F-150

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    ^^ Wow, that sounds really good! I do believe I'll be making some of this for my Hold 'Em night this Saturday!
    ~Mark

'99 Outback
    '05 Colorado Xtreme
    XBL Gamertag - DeMarcoPolo

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Ok, so I like to cook. I finally got my broccoli and cheese soup perfected, but I neglected to take pictures last week. I'll do that within the near future. Tonight...another firehouse favorite.

Perdue's Sausage Chili

Servings: 8-12
    Cost: $18 + cheese/crackers

Ingredients:
    1lb Hot Sausage
    1lb Ground Sirloin
    1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
    1/2 Onion, diced
    2 Jalapeno Peppers, SEEDED and diced
    2 Regular Cans Red Kidney Beans
    2 Large Cans Diced Tomatoes
    1 Large Can Tomato Sauce
    1 Small Can Tomato Paste
    1TBSP Garlic Powder
    4-5oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (don't let the supervisor see this! lol)

Step 1: Two Pounds of Happy Meat.
    In a large stock pot over medium heat, brown the 1lb Sausage and 1lb Beef. Drain.

Step 2: A Flavor Orgy.
    Add Bell Pepper, Onion, and Jalapenos. Stir every minute or so until the vegetables have softened (approx 10 minutes).

Step 3: Wait for it...Wait for it!
    Add the tomato products, garlic powder, rum, and beans. Stir thoroughly, being sure to dissolve all of the tomato paste. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 1-3hrs, stirring every 20-30 minutes to reduce sticking.

Step 4: A gift from the heavens.
    Serve in whatever way suits you best at the time. You can't beat a bowl of good chili with some cheese and crackers, or a big plate of Chili Cheese Fries (shown here, obviously). For a healthier alternative, use all ground sirloin or all ground turkey. Be sure to season accordingly with about a TBSP of Crushed Red Pepper and so forth. Enjoy.
    John Perdue
    1998 Subaru Legacy GT
    2004 Subaru Outback
    2013 Ford F-150

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

Re: SLI Cooking Thread!

since this thread seems dead. heres a post i stole from rs25 after trying it OMFH!
    Quote Originally Posted by .L.
    In this thread, I will show you how to make what is quite possibly the manliest man food ever to have ever been conceived. Over the course of this meal we have received many names for it. American Haggis, OMFH (Oh my fucking heart) roll, Bacon weave, bacon log, etc. One thing's for sure though, this thing definitely takes balls and iron will to eat.

Things you'll need:

1 pound of bacon
    Shredded cheese
    Spices

Step 1:

Buy a pound of bacon from your local meat market. Cut the strips in half, length wise and begin to weave the bacon together. Make sure the weave is tight (like your mom, OHHHHH) for the best results.

This is what it should look like when you're done:

Step 2:

The next thing you have to do is get that weave into the oven so you can start chomping down on this awesomeness. Set it at 400* and let it sit in there for about 10 minutes.

Step 3:

After 10 minutes you get the cheese out and start spreading that shit all over the bacon. BECAUSE IT IS YUMMY. CHEESE = GOOD.

After about 5 minutes of cooking it should look like this:

Step 4:

Let it sit for a few minutes and then pull it out. Let it cool down just a little bit and then start rolling up your bacon weave.

Step 5:

DRAIN THE OIL.

Step 6:

Get this thing on the griddle or a frying pan or something to cook the outside. Roll it over and over until the outside is all crispy and yummy looking. You want this to cook all the way through.

Step 7:

Cut this baby into however many slices you want and serve.

BON APETITE!

Good luck eating this. Seriously. Good luck.
    http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98650
    98 2.5gt
    MA.N/A 413

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by decke48
    since this thread seems dead. heres a post i stole from rs25 after trying it OMFH!
    Quote Originally Posted by .L.
    In this thread, I will show you how to make what is quite possibly the manliest man food ever to have ever been conceived. Over the course of this meal we have received many names for it. American Haggis, OMFH (Oh my fucking heart) roll, Bacon weave, bacon log, etc. One thing's for sure though, this thing definitely takes balls and iron will to eat.

Good luck eating this. Seriously. Good luck.
    http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98650
    I think I'm going to need a triple bypass just from reading this post, lol.
    Last edited by Huffer on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    because you can't spell adventures, but you can spell blaupunkt LOL

2011 Subaru WRX 4 door - 200m
    1972 Mercedes-Benz 250c
    2010 VW GTI 6MT - 18k - (Sold)
    1998 Legacy 2.5 GT 5MT Sedan - 118k - (Sold)
    1995 Acura Integra SE 5MT - 171k-186k (Sold)
    1987 Honda CRX Si 5MT - 173-191k (Died on me)
    1989 Jeep Cherokee 4EAT - 189k-228k (Sold)

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:

lol. it does make the big-mac look like a healthy option
    98 2.5gt
    MA.N/A 413

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:

I attempted cooking once... The government showed up, and threatened to deport me to Mars. O_O
    2002 WRX Wagon, Silver
    Currently saving for a Legacy project car

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by blackgtbeauty
    Quote Originally Posted by shazapple
    Holy shit so I'm not the only one who had those huge white salt and pepper shakers! I remember those from when I was a wee one!

/weird reminiscing rant
    LOL we used to have thoes same one's to LOL
    02 Legacy GT BE 5MT now with boost!! SOLD!
    04 RSTI
    98 Legacy Outback

SLi nOOb
    Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsO.G.

IM VISITING ALL OF YOUR HOUSES! START COOKING NOW! LMAO yum yum om nom
    This just in 16.9 @ 80MPH IS NOT FAST!

Level
    Achievements:
    O.G.SocialOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Anyone else cooks? I was going to go to culinary school before I decided to go for architecture. Cooking wasn't fun for me anymore. Well after all these years I started actually making real dishes again since the misses was pregnant and I wanted to help out. Well besides everything else that I'm great at I rediscovered my cooking skills and its been fun.

Anyway I figured why not contribute to this thread. I still need practice with presentation lol but screw it, this Shit taste good. I have cooked for.some picky eaters, that's including myself. For example my favorite dish is and all need shepherd's pie (I think they call them cottage pies) home made pizza (of course), meatballs, buffalo chicken. I'm actually working on a beer batter which I think Ill do this weekend or next.

I plan on doing that tomorrow and I'll try to document the construction of awesomeness. Alright now that I am done.patting myself on the back I.would like to see more pics and recipes from you guys!
    4Zero1 Motorsports

2010 BM GT
    1998 BD L EJ25/EJ22 High Compression
    1993 GSX-R 750 (version 2.0)
    1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    1998 BK L PARTED
    1991 Legacy SS SOLD
    1997 BD GT R.I.P. 12/24/06 Running Mean with 117 whp!
    1989 Honda CR-X A.K.A. "The Beast"
    1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 R.I.P. 11/10/06

SLi Facebook
    4Zero1Motorsports Facebook

"No matter how much you've done, or how successful you've been, there's always more to do, always more to learn, and always more to achieve." - Barack Obama

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:

I cook to help out. I don't make anything fancy but it usually tastes good. As a matter of fact I'm about to make some lasagna for supper tonight.
    02 Legacy GT BE 5MT now with boost!! SOLD!
    04 RSTI
    98 Legacy Outback

Level
    Achievements:
    O.G.SocialOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Pics and recipe!
    4Zero1 Motorsports

2010 BM GT
    1998 BD L EJ25/EJ22 High Compression
    1993 GSX-R 750 (version 2.0)
    1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    1998 BK L PARTED
    1991 Legacy SS SOLD
    1997 BD GT R.I.P. 12/24/06 Running Mean with 117 whp!
    1989 Honda CR-X A.K.A. "The Beast"
    1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 R.I.P. 11/10/06

SLi Facebook
    4Zero1Motorsports Facebook

"No matter how much you've done, or how successful you've been, there's always more to do, always more to learn, and always more to achieve." - Barack Obama

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:

Hey guys.

I am looking for ideas on how to cook the 3 pounds of Venison strip loin. I am planning on doing it low and slow after marinating, but being this is my first time COOKING venison, i don't wanna screw up such a beautiful piece of meat.

prodriver, I'm lookin' at you, brah. :-)
    2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed
    2002 Subaru Impreza TS2.5 - EJ51 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

hey guys thought id post up a desert me nd my famz been cooking since i was a kid my mums a chef so i guess it rubbed off on me...its a really simple recipe nd im pretty sure you wont screw this up ....btw this is a very rich pudding so i usually hold back on some sugar
    I made this earlier tonight before i could take a pic it was eatin lol

CAKE
    * 100gm Butter
    * 1C Sugar ( i find this abit much sugar so i usually use 2/3 cup but its upto you)
    * 2Tbs Coco powder
    * 1 1/3C Flour
    * 4tsp Baking powder
    * 1/4 tsp Salt
    * 2/3 C Milk
    * ½ tsp vanilla essence

SAUCE
    * 1 C Brown sugar
    * ½ C white sugar (i usually leave this out but ill leave it upto you guys if you add this)
    * 4 Tbs Coco Powder
    * 2 C Boiling water

DIRECTIONS
    1. First of all mix the sauce in a bowl (leave to the side for now till cake mixture is in cooking dish)
    2. In another bowl soften butter nd mix in sugar till pale nd creamy (add sugar in parts bits at a time)
    3. Add vanilla essence nd mix in the cocoa
    4. Mix in flour/baking powder/salt till combined
    5. Stir in milk
    6. Grease tray/cooking dish with butter nd pour in cake mix then pour in sauce over the top...make sure you have a big enough dish the cake will rise to the top of the sauce
    7. Bake for 40minz

nd your done good with custard or vanilla ice cream hope you guys give it a try
    Doooont Blame Me........The monster did it!

Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:

DarkPhoenix's Insane Corned Beef and Cabbage

Being that St. Paddy's Day is a holiday where we Irish celebrate the removal of snakes from the Emerald Isle by St. Padraig (Get dese Mother Fookin' Snakes off me Mother Fookin' island...) I figured I would post my recipe for the Irish American St. Paddy's Day staple, Corned Beef and Cabbage.

Ingredients:

3lbs First Cut Brisket Corned Beef - Get the best cut you can find. I use Wellshire Farms Organic Uncured Corned Beef. You can find this at Whole Food or someplace similar. You can brine your own brisket as well, but that takes between 7-10 days for it to cure.
    1 - 300ml (16.9 fl. oz) bottle Young's Double Chocolate Stout - You can use Guinness as well, but it must be a can or straight off the tap.
    1 head green Cabbage, quartered
    6 medium sized red potatoes, cleaned and cubed, skin on
    1/2 bulb of garlic, peeled and crushed
    2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
    2 tsp of crushed red pepper

It's very simple. Place all of the ingredients, except the cabbage into a big pot.

Bring contents to a rolling boil and then turn down heat.

Cover pot and simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat easily falls apart.

Place cabbage into the pot and re-cover for 5 mins.

Remove from heat and let sit additional 10 mins.

Enjoy with a nice spicy or course mustard. I pair this with either a nice cold Guinness, again either tap or can, or a bottle of Blue Moon Spring Blond Wheat Ale.
    2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed
    2002 Subaru Impreza TS2.5 - EJ51 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast