Thread: 4EAT upgrades?

Needs to update their Email!
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

4EAT upgrades?

okay, for those of us not fortunate enough to have found a 5spd legacy, god knows i tried, is there any help as far as upgrades?

first off: parts and tuning. What parts are we talking about, and how would much of a performance increase am I going to get from reflashing the TCU/ECU? after a full stromrung exhaust system was installed ofcourse.
    Wouldn't be worth the money before that

Reasoning for not simply doing a 5spd swap:
    MONEY......................................... and I'm not Andretti with a manual.
    I'm a pilot, i fly, i don't shift. :-P
    The mistake most newb's make is that they think simply because they have a car that has the potential to do something, everything is limited by that "loose nut behind the wheel" (credit to whoever came up with it, wasn't me)
    The reason i like my 4EAT is because I've learned how to drive it and can anticipate when its going to shift under different circumstances, and can control it through the accelerator, giving it gas downshifts, taking away and coasting causes it to upshift. fairly simple, but the reason i really like it is because i can pull up to some retard in a honda civic with a stick and a huge fart-can and some god-awfully ugly tach stuck in the most obnoxious place on the dash, and kick his ass everytime because he has no clue how to drive his stick-shift.
    Granted the stick will almost always be faster, but only if the driver is better than my computer, hence the questions regarding tuning of the ECU, or TCU as may be the case

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    try ECUTeK.com they do Legacy although i think it's Engine Management Control by ECUTeK only for 99 models and up for this one http://www.ecutek.com/products/dashdisplay/ , but i would e-mail them and maybe they can tell you if they make one that will work
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/420721/1
    Sponsored By VividRacing.com
    Part 1."How Much of The Beast Can the Disturbed handle?"
    Part 2. "What Face Does Your Car Make"

SLi Resident
    San Jose, "The Capital of Silicon Valley"
    Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    good brakes, a trans cooler, and drive with 2 feet. :-D
    1990 subaru legacy- i miss you!
    1999 outback 30th deluxe deluxe megafantastic orgasmmobile

subaru has more R&D money than the aftermarket.

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Thanks guys.

Anyone else have any suggestions regarding reflashes, ie who is the best bang for buck/ reliability and user friendly. I'm not a tuner and don't claim to have any experience in the area, but am looking for a system that allows me to swap maps, one for racing, one for street driving, and one for highway econ mode or something to that effect

What i don't need is a 3000 dollar stand alone management system with ability to create my own maps........................
    .................untill i buy my STI ofcourse.

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.
    Youre gonna need to get at least a piggyback unit for the functionality you want. I actually dont know of one for the legacy, as Im planning an engine swap anyways, but I know rallitek has a few options that are good on pretty much any subaru. I also have some experience putting in aftermarket ecu's(not so much programming, although I have a basic understanding), so let me know if you have any questions.
    [url=http://www.EastCoastBoost.com]East Coast Boost[/url]

"Arguing on Nasioc is like wrestling with a pig. The pig has fun and you get dirty" -- Sha_zapple

Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    Thumbs up for scottzg for the trans cooler.

According to the Feb 05 SubieSport, the Lein's pair of RS's article. They both have a slushbox one of them has mods from LevelTen. He has a trans cooler, high stall torque converter. I guess she wants to do some mods to her tranny too, but they don't go into detail.

They describe that LevelTen has various tiers of power packages and appropriate prices; improving durability and performance.

RalliTek dealt with both RS vehicles. I'd give them a call or drop them a line to find out more.

GGT
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B DGM 6MT w/ 4 exhaust tips, 3 LSDs, 225's, stage2!

Wanna see it?

- traded - 2000 Coma 4x4 AT reg cab - black
    - stillborn - 1995 Legacy wagon w/ JDM Ver8 (VF37) & JDM 6MT - 3 LSDs @ +350hp
    - no more - 98 BD 2.5GT 5MT BGP -115,000 miles

"FNG"
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:

Perfect power smt6

I would try a Perfect power smt6 piggy back ecu. Sean at Rallitek has got some great maps! I plan on getting one !
    "OK WHO HANDED OUT THE BEER?"

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    Tell me more about the trans cooler. Where would you mount it?
    I have a 4EAT and am looking to install something like that.
    Currently working on installing one for my girlfriends Mazda6 too (although there is a great write up on that already).
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 04 LL Bean H6 Wagon - TANK
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired
    USDM 07 Honda Odyssey - Mrs Huffer;
    Live Like No One Else - Debt Free