Thread: Twin supercharging? (Not really, frankenmotor q)

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

Twin supercharging? (Not really, frankenmotor q)

So, I've been bouncing around ideas for boosting my BK. My friend suggested building a motor, and instead of an intake manifold, just putting a pair of blowers right onto the head, so the blower would bolt directly onto the intake on the head. After LOLing at that for a while, I started to seriously think about blocks, boost, and uses for a daily driver.

I've got a 2.2 NA block that will be coming in sooner or later, whenever I can get some money together to get the ****ing starter in the GL fixed so I can drive it up to hell and exchange it for the block and wheels.

Would it be more beneficial to just build a 2.0 liter JDM STi motor? I'm leaning more and more towards doing a high-revving, high power, high boost motor, and something about using a 2.2 NA block and 2.5 DOHC NA heads just screams "GLASS!!!!"

What I'm currently thinking... I'm gonna send my 2.5 DOHC heads in to get cams, valvetrain work, and some porting. Then, find a block to put the heads on that will allow me to run many revs, like 9,000, stick a large turbo on it for top end flow, and going from there.

So, to start out, which motor would be best suited for this? I have been thinking about some of the 2.0 TT motors, some of them have a higher CR than others, and sticking 2.5 DOHC heads on a 2 liter motor will give me a CR down in the high 6's, low 7's, which IMO, is too low (Aiming for around 8:1).

Should I start planning on doing a 2.0 T build, or should I just stick with putting the M62 on the 2.2 NA block W/ 2.5 DOHC heads on it like I was originally planning?
    2002 WRX Wagon, Silver
    Currently saving for a Legacy project car

Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    I would consider the EJ257. I've read some threads on NASIOC and EJ25 heads on the EJ20 block is difficult.
    - Jey
    1995 Legacy Wagon EJ257 turbo
    2011 Tribeca Limited EZ36

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    That's what I had gathered.

I think an EJ257 build will be happening as soon as I get some cash.
    2002 WRX Wagon, Silver
    Currently saving for a Legacy project car

Needs to update their Email!
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    well the 2.2 is a good idea if it's the closed deck block. It can handle more boost than all of the other motors. I've actually been thinking about this same thing, but I'm a poor Highschool student with no way in hell of being able to do this.

so keep me updated if you could, I wanna see where this goes!
    1996 Legacy L *Green Monster* Sold... wish I didn't have to ....
    1997 Legacy GT w/ 2003 WRX swap. 222k .... dead.... R.I.P. beautiful....

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.
    if you want high revs, i think you need to go with the jdm sti motor. since thats the highest revving motor Subaru makes, but even i think it would die at 9000 rpms.
    97 Legacy Brighton w/ EG33 swap.... still a work in progress
    05 Outback XT - DD
    94 Integra GSR - Track Car
    03 Silverado 2500HD Duramax - Tow Rig
    97 Integra GS - Future Track Car

Quote Originally Posted by Reason
    Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenerachi
    why was ^ statgsr banned? or is that just his unique status thing?
    he was a naughty monkey
    naughty monkeys are not tolerated here

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    well the problem with high revs is you need a strong crank , strong cams, forged internal, and a semi-closed deck. you dont need a full closed deck unless your going 500hp or more.. if your going high revs billet stuff is the best. stronger that forged.. 2.2 are nice because you can put 2.5 internal in beside pistons. so you can stroke it to 80mm. the 2.0tt motors are no different that the single jdm sti motors... what i would do is a 1st gen 2.2 turbo motor get it closed decked maybe t-sleved is going for 30psi or more. a billet 79mm sti crank forged rod and pistons ( probally stick with 8.5c not 9.0c), sti head w/ billet cam and porting done but not over the top stage 4 stuff. xcceleration.com is doing a supercharger build but is not worth spending the time custom fabing for a daily driver. so i would probally twin turbo the motor a stock sti turbo for under 4500 rpm then a monster turbo for the high rpm so it would be driveable on the streets. standalone ecu. and other stuff. but i dont see the time custom fabing all the stuff. and putting dog gears in the first and second gears to handle the torque and doing the rest in stronger hypoids with all that tranny work your going to be spending 15 grand or more just in engine and tranny then a another 4 in suspension.
    98 2.5gt
    MA.N/A 413