Thread: Help me. Transmission Issue Gets Worse.

Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsO.G.

Help me. Transmission Issue Gets Worse.

My original post concerning a leaking transmission has turned worse. The transmission leaks from somewhere high or low and turns to excessive smoke. Just today did I see actual leakage on the ground. I also now have a steady "AT OIL TEMP" light now. Since owning the car have had a steady check engine light for a "TORQUE CONVERTER - ELECTRICAL." I don't if that contributes at all. I'm pissin through A/T fluid like its my job. I need anyones advice as far as remedies, approches, experiences etc. Also worst cas scenario anyone in the CT area who may have another A/T in the event that I need one please let me know. Thanks.

-Shaun-
    ! <3 A.W.D

98 LEGACY GT LIMITED BD<3

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsO.G.SocialOverdrive
    The torque convertor is part of the transmission. It's like a clutch/flywheel for the auto tranny.

If you're leaking, you will need to find out where you're leaking from, and fix those seals.

You could try Lubegard ATF protectant (or any of the LubeGard ATF products) to see if that reconditions the seal enough to compensate but it sounds like you really need some professional help.
    - Roger - Site Admin
    My signature is now a shout-out to the SLi veterans who keep this site flowing with good knowledge and informative opinion. You KNOW who you are, so keep it up!
    USDM 04 LL Bean H6 Wagon - TANK
    USDM 98 GT Wagon - Pandgrish - RIP; USDM 98 GT Sedan - 216k RIP; NZDM 99 GF8 - retired
    USDM 07 Honda Odyssey - Mrs Huffer;
    Live Like No One Else - Debt Free

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.

Re: Help me. Transmission Issue Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by .AWD.GT.
    "AT OIL TEMP" light now. "TORQUE CONVERTER - ELECTRICAL."
    the oil light might mean theres a code. if you can find some with a "japan enhanced" scan tool you can see if theres a code. and the CEL for the TCC would have to do with the final drive clutch for the torque converter so it will do 1 to 1 ratio for final drive (1 to .9 when clutch is disengaged)
    98 2.5gt
    MA.N/A 413

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffer
    The torque convertor is part of the transmission. It's like a clutch/flywheel for the auto tranny.

If you're leaking, you will need to find out where you're leaking from, and fix those seals.

You could try Lubegard ATF protectant (or any of the LubeGard ATF products) to see if that reconditions the seal enough to compensate but it sounds like you really need some professional help.
    So there is actually a means of fixing the seals from the outside at the seam or do you have to actually unbolt the trans and seal it that way? I'm pretty sure that a lot of the existing seal is in rough shape. I've tried a couple of products intended for stopping leaks and fattening seals. My friend is able to get me a free trans and help me out, but I don't know when exactly so if I can maybe avoid getting a new trans and all that mess let me know. Like said the smoke is from some of the leakage hitting the exhaust unless its the trans itself.

Now if I have a "TORQUE CONVERTER-ELECTRICAL" code how might approach that? Anyone?
    ! <3 A.W.D

Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.Overdrive
    make it a maunal. what i have come to know about autos, is that once they start to go it is hard as hell to make better. your better off getting that free tranny or just rebuilding yours. im guessing that code means your tq converter is going bad.
    2013 VW GTI(Daily)
    1991 Nissan Laurel(Weekend warrior)
    1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t(Sold)
    1997 Nissan Laurel Medalist RB26DETT swapped(Sold)
    1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t Drift Missile(Junked)
    2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(Sold)
    1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
    1991 Legacy L(Sold)
    Quote "I must reconcile courage and surrender in equal measure." Charlton Heston RIP

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsO.G.
    ^ i love how people always say the code is the torque converter going bad. well in some cases it could be that but it would have to do with the TCC (torque converter clutch) inside. it just means some thing in the TCC system has misfunctioned and it can engage the clutch. but like said once the tranny starts to go. it can never be fixed to a better state. unless rebuilt.. idk guess i would swap the tranny
    98 2.5gt
    MA.N/A 413

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah soooo I suck ( figuritively). I was consistantly adding A/T fluid for awhile because the car seemed to shift a bit rough. Now I don't really care for automatics to begin with for this vary reason as well as others. I kept checking and it always seemed low and it only seemed right to add more with all this leaking. Come to find out I was over filling causing the leakage and the smoke was the exhaust issue I thought it was. IDIOT!!!!

As for the Torque Converter issue I still don't know what the story is but like I said that was an issue when I bought the car that is still being looked at by both me and the guy who sold it to me.

Thanks for all the imput guys. Its greatly appreciated. Again....I'm and idiot. Hahaha

-Shaun-
    ! <3 A.W.D