Can anybody confirm that the 96-97 manual transmission legacy outbacks and gt's were cable operated and that the 98-99 maybe some late 97's were hydralically operated. Also will a 4.11 manual tranny from a 90-94 legacy work in a 97 obs sport, since they are both cable operated. I know it will bolt up but will the sensors and other connectors be the same. Ones a obd1 and the other is obd2, will there be any problems because of that or some other reason. Since my other subaru is my fun car I want to change the gearing from the 3.9 that the impreza came with to 4.11. If the 97 gt is cable operated I'll just use that since I know the sensors and connectors are the same because it same year, so its definately plug n play. Plus there is a 97 gt tranny for sale within 2 hours of me. I have read on some forums saying they are cable operated in 96-97 gt/outbacks and read on others that said they were hydraulic, then I've also read t hat 96 gt/outback was cable and 97 gt/outback was the year they switched. A definitive answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance