it's that time of year when people get all caught up in buying "stuff" to make other people "happy" or to fulfill some unfulfillable desire in themselves.

Post up examples of good things that have happened to you, or random acts of kindness that you've witnessed.

I'd just like to say thanks to the community of SL-i.
Over the past couple of months I've had numerous dealings with a number of active and not-so active members and they have all been great. One member saw a post I made and decided to send me something just as a gift.
It wasn't a huge gesture but it really did make my day that someone would take the time to do something nice for someone else.
The fact that it was me receiving was just icing on the cake.

I was extremely happy to be able to help another member out on Saturday with some free parts that I had decided to save from my old BD just in case someone ever needed them.

I saw a guy and his wife help another couple at the supermarket on Sunday when they were struggling to get their shopping cart across the snowy parking lot. They pushed the cart for them and loaded the groceries into the car, then returned the cart to the correct place (unlike the majority of shoppers who left their carts standing in the snow).