With the JDM Version 5 STi swap a for sure "go", it's time to seriously give this project some thought. Since there seem to be very few swapped BE/BH Legacys here (and none with some of the unique issues mine has), I feel it's time to start my own thread about this.

As it stands, I have a few concerns with the swap at this point. Finding info on the JDM motor itself isn't too hard, but I can't seem to get any reliable info on the transmission. From 98-99 when the Version 5 was out, did it share the same transmission as any USDM vehicles? I need to know what the final front wheel drive ratio was, as well as if the clutch pedal assembly from a 5MT equipped BH will work. It's also unclear as to whether or not my BH shares any parts with the JDM STi. From what I've found out, the transmission cross member should work with minimal (if any) modification.

Speaking of crossmembers, I know that a motor crossmember needs to be sourced from a turbo 'Ru. Will a turbo Baja's crossmember work with my JDM motor? Any thoughts on this?

Going back to transmission, what's the spline count of my BH axles? WIll they work with the JDM transmission? The one thing I do know (thanks to the AT to MT swap thread) is that I'll need a longer front driveshaft, but that shouldn't be much of an issue.

I just want to thank you guys once again for all the help you've already given me on this and for all the help I'll get in the future.