Hi,

Thanks for sharing all this info on this project. I have a few questions, but first a little background.
I'm trying to swap a Type D MT 510AE040 into my 2000 Outback also with an MT, Canadian vehicle, so KM/H is ok for me. I don't want to cut my car's harness so I want to make an adapter to plug into the existing connectors.
My BFM did not come with any of the JDM wiring or plugs so I've bought the components from Mouser, but I also acquired the plugs from a wrecked Outback and an impreza. I have the 30, 18, and 16 pins with some wires sticking out of them,as well as virgin plugs and sockets.
I've carefully gone through the diagrams posted on the first page of this thread and have a pretty solid idea of what comes next. Now onto my questions.

1. On the USDM side Pin C7 (Battery Constant) is supposed to go to A9 AND C1 on the JDM Side? Am I supposed to "tap" into the wire coming from US C7 to get 2 wires going to JDM side?
2. On the USDM side there are 3 pins for Ignition (A8, A18, C3) and there are 3 on the JDM Side. Can any US ignition pins match any JDM ignition pins or is there a specific order?
3. USDM pin A17 (Buzzer) does not have a match on the JDM Side. Do I lose this function? Is this the chime for open doors with the key in ignition?
4. What happens to all the Illumination Control functions on the JDM Side(C2,C3,C4)? Do I just cover the ends of the wires?
5. Am I missing a component in the spot below?
Name:  IMG_1896.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  310.9 KB