A new mod! I came across this STI Flexible Strut Bar from a YA5 Exiga for a song. This particular part is also called for on the SH Forester. It is very much for RHD cars, as it passes directly over the brake reservoir on LHD models, preventing me from removing it.. but with the ball joint in the middle of the bar, it only takes removing 3 12mm nuts to move one half of the bar out of the way when needed. This is the earlier version with the Cherry Blossom Red hoops vs the current version with Silver hoops.

This is purely a bling item, but the price was so low, and I already had a bunch of other items coming from Japan.. it really did not cost me much at all beyond increasing the shipping cost of the package due to the length.

Name:  20220808_155330637_iOS.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  139.3 KB

Also since my last post, the transmission cooler hardline that runs up along the left side framerail decided to start leaking due to rust. I replaced the line along with all of the related hoses.

I also sourced some rear brakes for a 2010 Legacy GT to go with the pending front brake upgrade, but I have not yet installed them. Now that it is starting to get a little cooler out, I should be swapping all of the brakes here pretty soon.